. .
    Hi - I'm trying to learn my way around fusion 360 -

I'm looking to engrave some text on a flat plane - I'm trying to insert a .SVG image as this seems to be the easiest way to do it -

I've used Inkscape and Visio to insert a text field - type what i want and then import the .SVG file - my example is attached

apc2.svg

What I get is just a blank window - is there some formatting that's required if i've created an SVG with text images ?

I've tried to look at that file you attached but it seems to be empty, Not sure what's happened there.

You could try adding your text directly in F360 - there's a text tool available in the sketching menu. Start by creating a sketch, then just add your text where and how you want it.

I know that F360 is capable of importing SVG format but I can't help as I've never needed to do that.

Cheers for that - yes the file looks empty in fusion - but it had some text in it - now you've shown me where text is on sketch - that helps a lot :-)

Good luck - I'm a great fan of F360 but I can't say that it's immediately intuitive to use! Well worth investing the effort, though.

Good luck with Inkscape,its the least intuitive piece of software I have ever tried to use.I find F-engrave a huge amount easier to deal with for graphics.

I tried opening your file in Adobe Illustrator but it contains very little... I have attached a screen grab of what it looks like.

As an aside... I have a large vinyl cutter that I use SVG files with, for some reason if I use the 'Export' function in Illustrator to create SVGs, the resulting files do not appear properly in my cutting software (Signworks Pro). If I simply use 'Save as' and elect to save the file as an SVG everything is fine and I can open it and cut with no problems. I'm only telling you this in case the software you are using also gives you 2 ways of creating an SVG... As an export and as a Save As. Maybe try a different way of creating the SVG.

Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVG.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	27219

maybe it's how I'm creating the SVG file then ;-)

Does 'Andrew' tell you that the file has something in it?

Hi there - I think I've worked out my SVG problem - just me not really understanding the SW - as I read up on it i realiesed I had to use path trace to make it work

Thread Information