. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi - I'm slowly starting to understand some of the basics in CNC - but I'm still not quite there :

I have now gone as far as creating an image and successfully simulating the cut i want to try in Fusion - I even managed to generate G code from that

1001.nc

Unfortunately when I load this to my CNC controller (my machine came with USB CNC) - it refuses to load with a message it didn't understand line 1 -

Now - if I take the file and load it to "quick and dirty g code simulator" - this shows a number of lines in the code it doesn't understand and the simulation is rather different - see screen print

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen print.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	27255

The only help I can find in Youtube - seem to use mach3 as a tool and seems to need some amendment of the code - can someone help me to get the code to load ?

I don't use USB CNC but try deleting : and ; from the lines

Hve you used the correct post processor in Fusion as the code you have shown includes : and ; that it might object to.
    Just a thought
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

there's more than one ?? - I used the engrave and just right clicked to bring up the menu and selected post processor - see the screen print, I'm really quite a dummy here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fu print.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	27256

The post processor will produce G-code that suits the specific machine control software you have. The differences between machines are usually quite small but none the less significant. Remember that G-code for CNC machine control has been around since computers were made from triodes so it's inevitable that there will be some variations between different generations of machines and their software.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    The post processor will produce G-code that suits the specific machine control software you have. The differences between machines are usually quite small but none the less significant. Remember that G-code for CNC machine control has been around since computers were made from triodes so it's inevitable that there will be some variations between different generations of machines and their software.
    I think you get to the heart of it here - so can anyone point me to somewhere that can help with the necessary modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Britannicus1 View Post
    I think you get to the heart of it here - so can anyone point me to somewhere that can help with the necessary modifications
    You need to use a post processor that is compatible with the machine you are cutting on (if I am reading what the problem is correctly)
    If you are using Fusion 360 you should be able to find a PP here ;_
    https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Just ignore this post if you have already done this

Thank you - I certainly have not done that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    You need to use a post processor that is compatible with the machine you are cutting on (if I am reading what the problem is correctly)
    If you are using Fusion 360 you should be able to find a PP here ;_
    https://cam.autodesk.com/hsmposts

Just ignore this post if you have already done this
    Really helpful, thank you so much - I followed this up - but discovered that there is no PP on the fusion site for USBCNC, but now i knew what I was a looking for and found this - just in case anyone else is looking for this

http://hacknorway.com/wordpress/post.../#comment-3108

I really appreciate your help as it's meant that i think I'm finally getting to where i can use my new CNC machine

Quote Originally Posted by Britannicus1 View Post
    Really helpful, thank you so much - I followed this up - but discovered that there is no PP on the fusion site for USBCNC, but now i knew what I was a looking for and found this - just in case anyone else is looking for this

http://hacknorway.com/wordpress/post.../#comment-3108

I really appreciate your help as it's meant that i think I'm finally getting to where i can use my new CNC machine
    Hopefully it will work

I wonder why don't you ask that question the manufacturer of the board? Probably he will sort you out for a minute. And probably standard G code / Fanuc style will work
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information