. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Stan's had a change of heart...

I just noticed he's gone to the thread I made for him and deleted all the content from each post: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13375...Trace-software

Sometimes I hate having to be "correct" when I'd really like to say something else...

Thanks for wasting everyone's time Stan, you could have at least shown me the respect I showed you and replied to my email.
    .Me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Sometimes you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

Thanks for your efforts Lee, I'm certain they are always appreciated by the 'regulars'.

I may have contributed to his departure,but have no regrets about honestly expressing my lack of interest in his gadget.One thread would have been sufficient and if you check his dedicated sub forum at CNCzone,which I did after seeing the same thread here and there,you will see almost no replies to any of the posts that spread over six pages.It is a minority interest topic and I don't know if he was posting so much to convince his wife that the considerable sum he must have spent was justified or if he is involved in selling the hardware.

There are other ways of digitising 2D objects and there is software to take the drudgery out of a lot of it.I will say that if somebody wants to start a thread about building your own 3D digitiser I will be very interested indeed.Moving a digitising puck and clicking when the cross hairs align with a feature isn't exactly cutting edge stuff these days and once entered into a CAD system it becomes the stuff we all use with machines.

Thanks go out to Lee for filling out the picture and for maintaining his patience during the saga.

Never going to get an answer to the question about why one takes a design in electronic form, prints it, and manually digitises it in order to get to an electronic design. Still mildly baffled! Strikes me as being a bit like putting a pen in the router spindle, using it to draw the profile required, and then cutting it with a fret saw.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Never going to get an answer to the question about why one takes a design in electronic form, prints it, and manually digitises it in order to get to an electronic design. Still mildly baffled! Strikes me as being a bit like putting a pen in the router spindle, using it to draw the profile required, and then cutting it with a fret saw.
    Funnily enough, I thought the same when I watched one of his videos.
    I can see a rather limited market for digitising old drawings, but I'd rather spend the money on a Wacom Cintiq tablet and have plenty change, rather than a large format basic tablet.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

If anybody wants to scan something using a camera on the machine with Mach3 then give this a try. It's old and unsupported but I've used it before to good effect.

https://www.sheetcam.com/Scanything/index

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information