. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I notice you've changed your username since yesterday, and I'm assuming you think people on here are gullible enough not to notice that you're trying to promote products you've obviously got a vested interest in?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I notice you've changed your username since yesterday, and I'm assuming you think people on here are gullible enough not to notice that you're trying to promote products you've obviously got a vested interest in?
    Personally I've no problems with this as it can be helpful to others, esp if offering forum discount.. . . however all I'd ask is to keep all the posts to one thread and not start new thread for every post as it knocks others seeking help off the trending list which is where most watch.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Personally I've no problems with this as it can be helpful to others, esp if offering forum discount.. . . however all I'd ask is to keep all the posts to one thread and not start new thread for every post as it knocks others seeking help off the trending list which is where most watch.
    I've got no issues with people promoting stuff honestly, but when they do it in less than transparent ways and act like a spammer, I do have issues.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

well i have some explaining to do.
    I could not register on this site, not sure why but maybe because I am located in Canada, I tried about 3 times.(site security is very high)
    So i asked the logic group rep in Ireland if he could help me get in .
    Once i got in then i contacted the web master and asked if i could get the entry around to my name and my location and also asked for a spot in the computing section so the posts
    will be in one spot and could be looked at or not
    I am not an employee i have know the owner John Walsh since 2007 2008 and we are good friends,and I have been using his drawing boards since then and making utubes
    I really enjoy what i am doing and these boards make it simple for me to digitize any paper plans or templates
    I am sorry if I upset people here as i am new and really don't want to start off on the wrong foot

Vaguely interesting posts but their content and thrust is so similar that they might be better in one post.
    You have 10 posts in the trending list and have thus knocked 9 off the list, some of which I'm sure I'd rather have seen.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Vaguely interesting posts but their content and thrust is so similar that they might be better in one post.
    You have 10 posts in the trending list and have thus knocked 9 off the list, some of which I'm sure I'd rather have seen.
    +1 on that

I am sorry you all feel like that , i enjoy posting my work and I do a variety, i have found the drawing tables have been a big help to me digitizing all my hand drawn plans
    from way back
    And I thought keeping these posts like any other computer software title list would be best for me
    I have never had comments like this before .

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kern View Post
    I am sorry you all feel like that , i enjoy posting my work and I do a variety, i have found the drawing tables have been a big help to me digitizing all my hand drawn plans
    from way back
    And I thought keeping these posts like any other computer software title list would be best for me
    I have never had comments like this before .
    Hi Stan,

I for one have enjoyed your posts, so please keep them coming.

However, I agree with the others that they should be all in one thread - I think this way you'll get a lot more views and positive replies. There are quite a few makers on the forum which do something similar, and its always nice to see their thread popup with the latest creation, but also to be reminded of what they've done in the past.

And unfortunately the other members have another point about the 'recent posts' column; it is what most of us use to see whats going on, so to have one person 'flooding' it with lots of single post threads with no replies will stifle conversation in other threads because we miss whats happened in them.

As I say, keep them coming, but in a happier format which will gather more attention :)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyUK For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the good comment Andy, i will look further into how these are posted --mind you I posted about 9 , normally i would be posting one or three in a month so that should not flood that main screen .
    Secondly i looked at the other titles under computing ie vetric , autocad and the logic trace format is the same.if vetric posted 9 posts right now it would be the same log jam.
    So I should be careful not to post to often and a bunch as that's what people get angry about
    I feel terrible how this was accepted as its exciting , simple and easy to digitize and I wanted to show that to others in case they go that route,
    As i said I have been using from a single Cal comp drawing board III to now the jumbo 4 board layout enabling me to trace out full size counter tops , boats , large plans etc
    I would like an aircraft set of floats plans to digitize but they are not made of plywood anymore .so thats not going to happen

stan

Stan,
    Very interesting videos, I'd love one of those digitising tablets if I had the room and the cash!

Since all your posts are on the same theme, I think most people would prefer you to make each new posting a reply to your own single thread rather than a new thread of it's own, especially with so many in quick succession. Please don't be put off contributing to the forum.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information