. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    I've used one on a boat before; they're quite fun and useful because you can slap any chart on the table, register the four corners, and it can instantly tell you where you are and what the GPS coordinates of the thing you're hovering over are, how far it is away from you and at what heading.

Virtually obsolete now with chart plotters... But hey.

Sorry, Stan but you are doing it again. Posting multiple threads and knocking people off the trending list, It's not really fair to those who are looking for help.

You will still get people viewing and following if you post in the same thread and IMO it's better to do so because if anyone wants to find you in the future or look back all your posts are in the same place. It's also easier for others to direct new people to your thread.!

I am doing it again, but it won't be a bunch , this three and thats it for awhile .
    I prefer all the posts under the title logic trace like the other titles there , they are not continued
    I go straight to a title when i am looking for info , you are saying I am cluttering up the front page.
    i prefer this method and i will keep the nunbers down.
    sorry if it upsets you

Stan: I am not sure you are understanding this.
    If you use the same thread and add to it. It will still go onto the trending list even if you have not posted for a month and then just keep replying to your own thread.

Good work though
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Kern View Post
    I am doing it again, but it won't be a bunch , this three and thats it for awhile .
    I prefer all the posts under the title logic trace like the other titles there , they are not continued
    I go straight to a title when i am looking for info , you are saying I am cluttering up the front page.
    i prefer this method and i will keep the nunbers down.
    sorry if it upsets you
    Ok, Little bit of a selfish attitude if ask me and won't make many friends doing it this way but if that's your preferred way then carry on.!!

I think i do understand ,but I am following the titles like autocad, vetric, fusion, artcam thats where I am listed and I prefer a separate heading.
    they probably don't post more than once in awhile so it does not upset people as there post does not get into the trending list often , mine will be the same.
    i just posted 3 and i will not post again until i have 3 new ones

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    'Sfunny how people use this forum differently. I keep seeing these mentions of the "trending" list, and I kept looking at the buttons along the top and couldn't see "trending" anywhere. I've been a member for nearly 6 years and it's only just now that I realise that there is a column on the right labeled "trending"... I always hit "new posts", skim through anything that looks interesting, This means that you don't just see the latest post, but also, often, the few before that. Useful because I don't feel the need to answer something that someone else has already answered a post or three earlier. Then there's "mark forums read" when I've finished with the things that look interesting.

Ho hum - out of step with the rest of the world again! But at least I now understand why people have been talking about things being pushed off the list. It's because I've never even looked at that list! Sorry for the hijack - but at least I'm slightly less confused now.

I don't think I'm the only one getting a bit fed up with reading about variations on a theme of using a calibrated drawing board to digitise an outline.We know it can be done and we know somebody who thinks its great-he keeps telling us its great too.

How about keeping it on one thread we can ignore?Or discussing something else?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to routerdriver For This Useful Post:

I am sorry you all feel this way, you just don't need to read my posts, i am the same as vetric, autocad, artcam etc.
    When they post you will see it on the trending list and if they post often you will see it often
    The more you pick at this the more it shows up on the current list and thats what you hate
    I am surprised at the things you are saying , i like this site , lots of good info and lots under one theme.

This will be my final post to this thread,or indeed on the topic of digitising flat patterns.I haven't seen a fusilade of posts from vectric,autocad,or artcam on this forum hyping their products.I also don't find digitising boards a very interesting topic and would like to ignore posts about them.Therefore having the topic confined to a single thread would be a good start.End of topic for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information