. .
    Hello guys,

I'm at the stage where I'm ready to put all electronics into the control box, I have all the electrical parts except vfd, I would like to get mechatron vfd and spindle set but it all depends on how much spare money will be left after I built the cnc router,
    so the question is, if I dont have enough finances, will I then be able to fit chinees 2.2kw vfd into the exsisting layout?
    I was trying to find measurements but thay are all different, would be great if someone could confirm actual dimensions for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout.PNG 
Views:	172 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	27274

Thanks in advance

These are taken from Huanyang VFD and slightly oversize by few mm W130 x H175 x D175

Thanks Dean
    now I can move on...

Note that the manual mentions you should leave extra space 5cm horizontally and 12cm vertically. How many people pay attention to that though is up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Note that the manual mentions you should leave extra space 5cm horizontally and 12cm vertically. How many people pay attention to that though is up for debate.
    Don't be Silly we all read the manuals cover to cover before even getting out of the box don't WE.?? . . . .

Edit: When I first bought WC spindle the Huanyang VFD didn't even have a manual in English. I had to take the Chinese manual to my local Chinese and ask if they would translate the basics. Only after nagging the supplier for months did I get something that resembled an English manual, luckly I've bought so many chinese products I'm fluant in Chinglish and managed to work it out. Slowly over time they have got better and a paper version.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 01-02-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Having some experience with power transistors I can say with confidence that poor cooling airflow is a major cause of early failures. Equipment enclosures with fans that circulate the same air round and round are more common than you'd imagine. This is one reason why my own VFD is mounted on the wall and not in the control box. The other one is that the box isn't big enough
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information