. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Cannot comment on the JMC servo's as I've never used them but power is power and 180W isn't massive so you'll have to be mindful of the weight and mass your moving around.
    The budget is healthy though so definaltely possible to build a very nice machine.

Well if that's your main reason then it's the wrong way to think because while Aluminium is lighter than steel the total weight of machine this size will still be heavier than 1 or 2 men can handle safely so you'll still possibly need some lifting equipment. So why not just build the best machine you can and don't worry about the weight too much.

Again I wouldn't let this dictate the design of this machine because a VMC worth the effort requires building from steel and this machine won't machine steel to any great accuracy.

If it was me I'd look more along the lines of using this to make money and learn CNC then buy a used VMC that you can retrofit with new components. Or buy old Iron manual Mill and retrofit it to CNC. Both these options will be much better and far easier done than trying to build a VMC with a Router, no matter how well built it is.!

Yes BST is a great place to buy from. Fred is the most helpful and trustworthy Guy I've ever dealt with and I highly recommend him.
    Send him a message with your requirements asking for a quote including shipping and he'll get back to you quickly with a price. Mention Dean from Uk sent you and it may help with the price.
    Anyway I managed to find a similar machine to yours (please no offence, it is most likely not better or even comparable): http://www.cncrouterparts.com/pro484...kit-p-251.html

What do you think about this one? Can you see any glaring issues?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 59 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    If you can't see the difference with all the advice you have been given. I , we give up.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    Anyway I managed to find a similar machine to yours (please no offence, it is most likely not better or even comparable):
    The only thing that's similar is it uses a profile.!

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    Not a Lot.!... and Many.!. .But like Clive says if you cannot see the differences by now then either we have been wasting our time or you are taking the Piss.! . . . Either way, you're on your own from here. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The only thing that's similar is it uses a profile.!

Not a Lot.!... and Many.!. .But like Clive says if you cannot see the differences by now then either we have been wasting our time or you are taking the Piss.! . . . Either way, you're on your own from here. Good luck.
    I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience and if I have been annoying! I can promise you, that your time has not been wasted. I have learned a lot from you! I agree that my last question is unjustified and the statement about similar machines is very incorrect. Again, apologies from my side.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information