. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Luckily I don’t make any mistakes. Anything you see in my videos are done on purpose to show you what not to do.

.. . think I got away with that one.
    Obviously..

When our Maths teacher used to get caught out making a mistake on the blackboard, pupils would call him out on it, he would blush, turn around and grin and then say...

“Just testing!”.

It was like his catchphrase for when he screwed up... so much do that the whole class would join him saying, “just TESTING” along with him.

But of course he never got anything wrong. *wink*

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Day Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoMorph View Post
    When our Maths teacher used to get caught out making a mistake on the blackboard, pupils would call him out on it, he would blush, turn around and grin and then say...

“Just testing!”.

It was like his catchphrase for when he screwed up... so much do that the whole class would join him saying, “just TESTING” along with him.

But of course he never got anything wrong. *wink*
    Nobody is infallible, although I did have a college lecturer who thought he was.
    He tried to tell me I'd got some vector calculations wrong, as they didn't match his, and was revelling in the glory that I'd got something wrong, until he went through my calculations looking for my mistake, and realised there wasn't one.
    I got told to sit at the back of the class and keep quiet after that
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Nobody is infallible, although I did have a college lecturer who thought he was.
    He tried to tell me I'd got some vector calculations wrong, as they didn't match his, and was revelling in the glory that I'd got something wrong, until he went through my calculations looking for my mistake, and realised there wasn't one.
    I got told to sit at the back of the class and keep quiet after that
    Hehe, yeah, some teachers are really childish and petty. Our Maths teacher was just fun though and he never tried to say he was never wrong. I think it was him that taught me that if you never own up to mistakes then you never learn from them. A certain President comes to mind thinking about that. LOL. He’ll never learn.

Reminds me of that joke. Three friends, mathematician, a scientist and a politician get their brains valued for fun and are each given a cash value.

When the politician’s brain is rated as the one with the most value the scientist and mathematician are irate while the politician is preening.

Mathematician: “But I solved an impossible theorem! Why does my brain not have the most value?”
    Scientist: “But I cured cancer! Why does my brain not have the most value?”
    Politician: “It’s obvious that I’m a stable genius who is always right but just to set the record straight, why does my brain have the most value?”

So the brain assessor looks at the three friends and says... “Well both the Mathematician’s and Scientist’s brains have been almost worn out from the years of hard work... but the Politician brain is still in its “pristine, as new” condition... because it’s never been used.” ;)

My point is, if you never admit to being wrong you never learn ANYTHING.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information