Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can also check them out on ebay too,
    https://www.ebay.com/str/Shenzhen-Xi...p2047675.l2563
    same seller as Jazz mentioned just on different selling platform
    and for some reason on ebay it's cheaper than on aliexpress and
    you can make an offer on ebay too
    I saved 20%+ compared to aliexpress prices

Quote Originally Posted by hardenum View Post
    Thanks! I see they have 2-phase and 3-phase closed loop steppers, which ones should I email them about, what's the practical difference between the two?
    The main difference is the step angle of the motor. 3 phase motors are 1.2deg(sometimes 0.9Deg) and 2 phase is 1.8Deg. This translates into a slightly smoother action from the 3 phase motors, they are also slightly stronger and hold torque higher up the speed curve. However, they only sell 3 phase motors with 50Vdc drives up to 3Nm with Nema 23 motors.

This is the one I use and would ask about. Slightly more Nm than required but can be run on AC or DC power up to 70Vac or 100Vdc. They come with 3mtr length encoder cables but if you require longer then just ask and they will provide up to 7mtr lengths.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...12293421WyjFh5

Quote Originally Posted by Gytis View Post
    same seller as Jazz mentioned just on different selling platform
    and for some reason on ebay it's cheaper than on aliexpress and
    you can make an offer on ebay too
    I saved 20%+ compared to aliexpress prices
    This is why I say always email them for a price rather than paying the listed price, they will often lower the price. Plus if you are prepared to pay outside of ebay or Aliexpress they will knock a little more off because not paying fees. I do this all the time with Lichuan and BST and never had any issues with either.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The main difference is the step angle of the motor. 3 phase motors are 1.2deg(sometimes 0.9Deg) and 2 phase is 1.8Deg. This translates into a slightly smoother action from the 3 phase motors, they are also slightly stronger and hold torque higher up the speed curve. However, they only sell 3 phase motors with 50Vdc drives up to 3Nm with Nema 23 motors.

This is the one I use and would ask about. Slightly more Nm than required but can be run on AC or DC power up to 70Vac or 100Vdc. They come with 3mtr length encoder cables but if you require longer then just ask and they will provide up to 7mtr lengths.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...12293421WyjFh5
    I was skeptical at first, but I checked nema 23/24 sizes and I did not know the mounting holes were the same distance. I'm totally getting these then. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hardenum View Post
    I was skeptical at first, but I checked nema 23/24 sizes and I did not know the mounting holes were the same distance. I'm totally getting these then. Thanks!
    The only difference between them is NEMA 23 width is 57mm NEMA 24 are 60mm. You can get NEMA 24 with 50mm Hole spacing if required.

Just to make you aware that depending on your country then you will pay Vat and possibly Import tax and often the courier will charge a handling fee. In UK I only get charged for VAT and handling charge of approx £15-20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information