. .
    Having set up my CNC - I now discover that the "software supplied with the CNC" is actually a demo licence for USB CNC - Not that I blame Planet CNC for making a living - but I had understood this to come with the appropriate Software to run the darn thing ... I'm limited to 25 cuts which doesn't help.

Is there an Open source free controller application that will actually work with my (generic Chinese 3020) CNC - or do I have to buy the software and chalk the experience to "never trust an online supplier ?"

In the mean time I've registered a complaint - but expect to get little joy from that

Quote Originally Posted by Britannicus1 View Post
    Having set up my CNC - I now discover that the "software supplied with the CNC" is actually a demo licence for USB CNC - Not that I blame Planet CNC for making a living - but I had understood this to come with the appropriate Software to run the darn thing ... I'm limited to 25 cuts which doesn't help.

Is there an Open source free controller application that will actually work with my (generic Chinese 3020) CNC - or do I have to buy the software and chalk the experience to "never trust an online supplier ?"

In the mean time I've registered a complaint - but expect to get little joy from that
    This is standard practice and it does come with the appropriate software to run the machine, you just need to buy the license to unlock all its features. I'll be very surprised if the advert didn't state this, even thou you'll probably need a microscope to read, but if it didn't then you should have a case.

Regards Free software then your stuffed because USB CNC controller uses it's own software and I doubt they will provide any plug-in etc for third party software.

Just bite the bullet bend over and take the pain I'm afraid.! . .. It will be a lot easier.

I kind of suspected that was the case - info says comes with USB CNC software, and it does, but clearly very limited in use

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I am going to hazard a guess, that your machine doesn't contain a genuine Planet CNC controller - http://forum.planet-cnc.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3019
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information