. .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post

The best profile to use is 45 x 90 because it makes things easier with mounting ball-screws. However, 40 x 80 will work on smaller machine but you'll just need to make plates to mount BK/BF bearings on for ball-screws.

Attachment 27435
    That appears to be one short cut I won't be able to use as the supplier to have tenatively chosen does not supply 45 sized extrusion., only 40 and even that has to come from the other side of the country.....
    Some googling has found 1 or 2 suppliers that use 45 but the quality is unknown.
    I'll either have made adapter plates for each bearing block or mount the bearing in another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    That appears to be one short cut I won't be able to use as the supplier to have tenatively chosen does not supply 45 sized extrusion., only 40 and even that has to come from the other side of the country.....
    Some googling has found 1 or 2 suppliers that use 45 but the quality is unknown.
    I'll either have made adapter plates for each bearing block or mount the bearing in another way.
    Look for Bosch Rexroth or equivalent BR style profile. 10mm slot

Do you know if there is any significant price differences between BR and for example Item profiles? Both are offering 45 series profiles with 10mm slot.

EDIT: Just checked and Item does not offer 45 series profiles, only 40 or 50 series. I got a quote from Item on 1000mm long 80x160 profile: 220 Euro. That seems expensive, dont you think? I need to get a quote also from BR.

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk
    Last edited by NordicCnc; 23-02-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Jazz, I found a supplier of Bosch Rexroth in Perth, 200 km away.
    They also supply other brands so have asked about them as well.

Thanks Jazz, I found a supplier of Bosch Rexroth in Perth, 200 km away.
    They also supply other brands so have asked about them as well.
    Hi Steve,

Please would you let me know their price for Bosch Rexroth 45 x 90 Heavy profile once you know it.

Whereas it's dead simple going online 24x7 to get accurate pricing for this kind of thing in the UK, as I'm sure you know down here it's like pulling hen's teeth and requires phone call(s) or email(s) requesting pricing, and I haven't the foggiest idea what these things might cost down under and how badly "they" would rip off us buyers.

Thanks, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Hi Steve,

Please would you let me know their price for Bosch Rexroth 45 x 90 Heavy profile once you know it.

Whereas it's dead simple going online 24x7 to get accurate pricing for this kind of thing in the UK, as I'm sure you know down here it's like pulling hen's teeth and requires phone call(s) or email(s) requesting pricing, and I haven't the foggiest idea what these things might cost down under and how badly "they" would rip off us buyers.

Thanks, Andy
    Will do Andy.
    Have requested some 'tenative' pricing as I don't exact dimensions yet.

Whats the preffered method of attaching Bosch Rexroth Extrusions to Gandtry plates?
    With Item24, its easy....4 or 8 bolts threaded into the end of the Extrusion...
    I see many connection methods in catalogue, but nothing seems to address this issue.
    A single bolt in the centre doesn't seem to be it.....
    Steve

Whats the preffered method of attaching Bosch Rexroth Extrusions to Gandtry plates?
    With Item24, its easy....4 or 8 bolts threaded into the end of the Extrusion...
    The 45x90 and the larger 90x90 all use multiple holes. I wouldn't use any thing less than 45 x 90 and certainly not 45 x 45

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Hi Steve,

Thanks, Andy
    Google KJN aluminium I have no problems at all you need to configure to get the right price, remember VAT.

I'm very lucky because I live within 5 miles of them, they cut all my extrusion and cnc drilled it for me.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    Google KJN aluminium I have no problems at all you need to configure to get the right price, remember VAT.
    Rip off merchants KJN try these lads. Based in Germany but yet I can get them quicker and cheaper than from KJN and lot more accurately cut.

https://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/index.php

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information