. .
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Check out Misumi (massive Japan based industrial supplier) - they have a fair range of big profiles and appear to have an outlet down under and whilst not always the cheapest you might get much cheaper shipping.
    Thanks Voicecoil. I'll have a look for them.

EDIT: I just tried to register and they don't sell to individuals.....I can't win.....
    Last edited by Sterob; 05-03-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: more info

Misumi USA appears to be great and happy to deal with small orders.

Misumi near Australia (I think Singapore) only want to deal with businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Its basically a 6040 sized bed but the frame will be larger so the tool will reach the whole bed area ( at this stage. )
    That's ridiculous overkill and a complete waste of money. I've built many machines this size and larger using 45x90 using the "L" design gantry and they are plenty strong enough for a machine this size. You'll get away with a much smaller profile and 80 x 120 would still be massive overkill for a machine this size.

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    You'll get away with a much smaller profile and 80 x 120 would still be massive overkill for a machine this size.
    Yes, but 80 profile doesn't have the 45mm spacing of the slots.

Maybe I could drop the whole build back to using only HD 45 extrusion?( 45 x 90 for the sides and gantry.)
    Would be alot cheaper and there are a lot more size options...... as long as it would stiff enough.
    Can do some simulations in Fusion I guess.

I am a little concerned about attaching 45 extrusion to side plates using just the 2 holes in the centre. That does not seem the best idea.
    Is there any way to utilise the square hole in each corner?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bosch Rexroth 45 x 90.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	27527

Maybe I could drop the whole build back to using only HD 45 extrusion?( 45 x 90 for the sides and gantry.)
    Would be alot cheaper and there are a lot more size options...... as long as it would stiff enough.
    Can do some simulations in Fusion I guess.

I am a little concerned about attaching 45 extrusion to side plates using just the 2 holes in the centre. That does not seem the best idea.
    Is there any way to utilise the square hole in each corner?

Name:	Bosch Rexroth 45 x 90.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	27527
    You don't seem to believe what I'm saying to you regards the strength so this will be my last post on this subject because I'm clearly not getting thru so not wasting any more time saying it. However here's the answer to your worrys regards bolts, which by the way are 12mm with a holding force more than enough, even without the pockets.

Name:	IMAG0895.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	205.8 KB 
ID:	27533

Sorry Jazz....Just lots of things to think about and my goal posts keep on moving....
    I remember you mentioning that now.
    It just that Extrusion is crazy expensive here and if the basic foundations are wrong, it carries all the way through the machine.

It just that Extrusion is crazy expensive here and if the basic foundations are wrong, it carries all the way through the machine.
    If it's that expensive then why not use steel and find a machine shop who can surface the faces.? It might be cheaper and end up stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If it's that expensive then why not use steel and find a machine shop who can surface the faces.? It might be cheaper and end up stronger.
    Yes, thats an option as well.... I will keep that in mind, thanks.

Yes, but 80 profile doesn't have the 45mm spacing of the slots.
    If you're set on using 45mm spacing stuff, there's always this! https://kanya-uk.co.uk/product/e01-1...rusion-90x135/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information