. .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I might be blind Jazz but they don't seem to sell the heavy duty version, prices are very good. I recovered the aluminium extrusion from a magazine printer and KJN charged me 75p a cut and £1 a hole so at least for me was lucky to have KJN on my door step. I had 3.6m lengths to deal with lol it was all the heavy duty profile.

I watched them cut mine so maybe them spent more time on it lol because it was spot on, I'm sure they have a DRO on the saw but was couple of years ago and they have multiple saws so maybe not all have the DRO.

The drilling is a cnc drilled so shouldn't be any issue there.

If that other firm sell heavy duty version I certainly use them next time if I don't buy another magazine printer to scrap.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 9 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    That source is a bust.
    They will only sell 6m lengths. They will cut it but you still have to buy the whole length!
    $2530 ex gst plus shipping.......Splitters!

back to plan; 'next'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sterob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    That source is a bust.
    They will only sell 6m lengths. They will cut it but you still have to buy the whole length!
    $2530 ex gst plus shipping.......Splitters!

back to plan; 'next'
    That is insane.

Whats to stop you getting a mate in the UK to buy and ship out to you?

1m of 90x45 is £25 + VAT = £30

Shipping of 5kg 1m x 10cm x 5cm box to generic "aussie location" major port = £38

That price applies up until 185cm - anything more they don't like, but thats a decent gantry span. Posting directly to Australind or Packenham is £39, 1-3 day service apparently.

Lets double the cost to account for me being an idiot and not accounting for import duties... Say £135 per metre door to door.

Thats way better than your quote of £1400 for 6m ~ £233/m not including shipping.
    Last edited by AndyUK; 26-02-2020 at 01:39 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyUK For This Useful Post:

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 9 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    It seems to the norm in Australia.
    We get gouged all the time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sterob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    That is insane.

Shipping of 5kg 1m x 10cm x 5cm box to generic "aussie location" major port = £38

That price applies up until 185cm - anything more they don't like, but thats a decent gantry span. Posting directly to Australind or Packenham is £39, 1-3 day service apparently.

Lets double the cost to account for me being an idiot and not accounting for import duties... Say £135 per metre door to door.

Thats way better than your quote of £1400 for 6m ~ £233/m not including shipping.
    I'd say his aussie flag in his profile lol

My aluminium in the machine weighs 60kg's+ but I found a few extrusion suppliers in Oz and also could ship from China cheaper than UK.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 26-02-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    I might be blind Jazz but they don't seem to sell the heavy duty version, prices are very good.
    Need to look harder.!

https://www.motedis.co.uk/shop/Slot-...:99999415.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    It seems to the norm in Australia.
    We get gouged all the time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I can't remember exactly what size I asked then to quote for but one Perth supplier wanted well over $600AUD for two 1m lengths of aly profile inc delivery. That was why I spent $180 on a stick welder and built my gantry out of steel I scavenged off the tip.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    I can't remember exactly what size I asked then to quote for but one Perth supplier wanted well over $600AUD for two 1m lengths of aly profile inc delivery. That was why I spent $180 on a stick welder and built my gantry out of steel I scavenged off the tip.
    I'm with Kit on that one - I'm sure that alu profile is quicker and easier to use but if you can't find it at a sensible price then steel is good. I'm a (very) novice welder but my steel gantry works fine. If circumstances force you down that route, that fine - you can still build a decent machine. Just remember the home-builder's mantra - if you can't build accurate, build adjustable!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    You were Lucky! (apologies to Monty Python....)
    I can't even find anyone to sell me less than 6 metres!....lol

Can you remember who that was?

Yes, steel maybe a cheaper option.....

Will probably explore buying from UK, or failing that *shudder* china......

Early days.....Have to get the shed up first!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    That is insane.

Who are these prices from Andy?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information