. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Boyan, thanks for the feedback!
    We don't really understand what you mean by "All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO".
    We provide with all the possible options free for those who order our CNC machines and CNC boxes.
    Also you can get free every single option free for testing, so you'll be able to evaluate the possibilities and decide which features you will use in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Purelogic R&D View Post
    Boyan, thanks for the feedback!
    We don't really understand what you mean by "All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO".
    We provide with all the possible options free for those who order our CNC machines and CNC boxes.
    Also you can get free every single option free for testing, so you'll be able to evaluate the possibilities and decide which features you will use in future.
    He means you shouldn't be charging for any of them. Those features are standard in just about every other controller software. Some company's like Perevusi don't even charge for the software and they have far more advanced features than your software does. They also provide a manual that is very comprehensive and understandable, unlike yours, which is sparse and unhelpful.

I think as a company you really need to re-think your approach to this software and the quality of the manuals you provide. I know of several people who have bought your product only to sell or not use and even worse damage them because your manual was confusing and unhelpful.

Boyan, thanks for the feedback!
    See picture is what i mean . And like Dean said above, that should be for free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	milling packages.PNG 
Views:	214 
Size:	960.5 KB 
ID:	27820
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

4. Thank you, English is not our native language, and of course, we may do something wrong.
    Could you please specify what information is missing, or what you would like to know about our software according to that documentation http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/User+manual
    Yes, we charge money for the software features, but at the same time we offer basic options of Pumotix free. They are perfectly suitable for milling hobby machines.
    We suppose that to understand a product, it is necessary to test it. If you have a controller, you can do it free.
    Also you can always reckon on our technical support.

Thanks for this thread, i had a quick look at the manual....looks okay to me. I might download the free version to look at :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ericks For This Useful Post:

7. Thanks, looking forward to your opinion!
    Please feel free to ask questions.

Thank you, English is not our native language, and of course, we may do something wrong.
    Could you please specify what information is missing, or what you would like to know about our software according to that documentation http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/User+manual
    Yes, we charge money for the software features, but at the same time we offer basic options of Pumotix free. They are perfectly suitable for milling hobby machines.
    We suppose that to understand a product, it is necessary to test it. If you have a controller, you can do it free.
    Also you can always reckon on our technical support.
    My comment regards manuals was more in general about your products ie: hardware, not so much this software. But without your hardware then this software is useless so it does apply.
    Obviously your aiming this software at hobby users because your trying to validate it's lack of standard features. However, your hardware manuals are very unhelpful towards hobby users, lots of who have limited technical knowledge regards electronics so do not understand the technical symbols and phrases that you use.
    For instance, the manual for your PLCM-E4 is just 11 pages long, 2 of those are the usual intro rubbish which is badly explained and 5 of them are just on connecting the ethernet/plugin in windows with 2 more for warranty. That leaves just 2 pages of what is basically useless info and graphics to a new hobby user.

It would be much more helpful if you provided examples on how to wire basics like Motors, and Estops, limits, etc.

Regards the software features then things like Canned cycles, Feed override or feed hold, coordinate rotation, Run from Here, Etc are not advanced features and should be standard in any software and most Hobby users will use those features, especially "feed override and hold" or "Run from Here", so asking $217 extra is ridiculous.

I build CNC routers mostly for Hobby users and I can tell you that most of my customers use these features daily.
    Also do not underestimate what the hobby community are capable of making with there machines and need from the control software. Just because they are not making money from there machines doesn't mean they don't need the same features that a business user requires. So again what you are classing as advanced is not and shouldn't be charged extra.

You are blatantly trying to profiteer from hobby users by removing features they will need so eventually get them to pay over the top for your software. Shame on you and why it will never be recommended by me and many other influential builders/users like Boyan who deal with lots of hobby users and see what you are doing.

Edit: Oh and your website is Rubbish unless you speak Russian.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    However, your hardware manuals are very unhelpful towards hobby users, lots of who have limited technical knowledge regards electronics so do not understand the technical symbols and phrases that you use!
    I had a quick look at the mnual and IMHO and (speaking as someone with only a basic knowledge) they are somewhere between Chinglish and English.

Totally agree regarding the missing features.

10. Many thanks for your opinions. We appreciate much the existing feedback. Of course we'll consider your pieces of advice and work about the English manuals of ours.

11. We've developed a new generation expansion board PLCM-B1-G2 for our motion controllers. Please see the video in English here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHnThX7pglM
    Feel free to ask if you need more information.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purelogic R&D For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information