. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hello,

We've started this thread to introduce and discuss our control software with you, it's called Pumotix and you can read more about it here: http://pumotix.com/, it has become very popular in Russia and like our other products is becoming more popular in other countries.

Pumotix is more modern control software, we have developed it to be just as worthy as some of the more famous systems you may already be familiar with, such as Mach3/Mach4, UCCNC, LinuxCNC and so on.

The software supports milling machines, thermal cutting machines (plasma and gas) and has support for pipe cutting systems, all covered with a host of advanced features focused on improving the quality of work being produced.

Multi-axis machining support is also available, our control software is able to control a machines with up to 6 axis simultaneously, offering a frequency range choice from 100kHz through to 8MHz.

Another great feature we would like to let you know about, is that most of the system settings are stored at the non-volatile memory level of the motion controller, this means that an unexpected failure of a machines host computer is no longer a problem!

The software offers the opportunity to expand functionality with the help of macro's and background operations written in the modern, lightweight and high-level programming language known as Lua.

Naturally we’ve also included support for your favourite external control devices such as pendants, joysticks and so on. Development of the software is on going, we have a new version of the motion controller software being released soon, we like to listen and always welcome your feedback.

Our licencing system works in a similar way to other products on the market, so it's designed to work with one of our hardware products such as the PLCM Ethernet motion controllers, to find out more about these please take a look at our website for more information: http://pumotix.com/#controllers

We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have, offering a high level of support as well as great products is always a priority to us so we’ve also put together a section on our website with documentation and common FAQ’s you may like to view first, you can find more information located here: http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/...ser+manual
    Last edited by Purelogic R&D; 12-02-2020 at 07:08 AM.

Hi, I've seen several videos of this software but they have all been in Russian so how about making an English video..? I used to use your products but one of the largest drawbacks was the language barrier and lack of support in English. This doesn't seem to have changed much.

Also is the software backward compatible with your older controllers.?

"Volatile" memory? Maybe lost in translation but do you perhaps mean "non-volatile"?

Anyway, so you don't do lathes?, that's one of my machines out of the question. You're Windows only?, that's a hard sell for me (my aim is to go non-windows on everything... though Linuxcnc is a slog).

What's the USP on this?, what distinguishes your software from Mach/UCCNC? (your controllers are reasonably priced), I have one machine in mind but I'm not keen on having three different systems in use.

4. Hello,
    Please see the video in English made by one of our clients. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-csT...ature=youtu.be
    We are ready to support you in English here or by e-mail ([email protected])
    The software is compatible with our PLCM Ethernet, please see them here http://pumotix.com/#controllers

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    "Volatile" memory? Maybe lost in translation but do you perhaps mean "non-volatile"?

Anyway, so you don't do lathes?, that's one of my machines out of the question. You're Windows only?, that's a hard sell for me (my aim is to go non-windows on everything... though Linuxcnc is a slog).

What's the USP on this?, what distinguishes your software from Mach/UCCNC? (your controllers are reasonably priced), I have one machine in mind but I'm not keen on having three different systems in use.
    Yes, of course! Non-volatile memory used. Thanks. We fixed this defect.
    Unfortunately, lathe is not supported yet.
    Yep, Windows only (XP SP3 and newest). Now we are considering the possibility of porting to Linux.
    A general list of features is listed here.
    We will always be happy to answer more specific questions when comparing these CNC control systems.

Your features list says:

innovative mathematical algorithm of 9D path interpolation
    Can you tell us what the additional five dimensions are?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Your features list says:

Time, Thought, Faith, Hope and Charity ?

8. Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Your features list says:

innovative mathematical algorithm of 9D path interpolation

PUMOTIX CNC system supports 9 axes: X, Y, Z, A, B, C, U, V, W (maximal motors count depends on hardware). Axes from ABC triple are considered to be rotary and those from UVW triple are linear. When any of these axes including linear and rotary move simultaneously the path is blended according to selected control mode what allows to maintain maximal velocity (multi-axis continuous machining option required).

9. Hello,
    We keep on receiving requests about this or that feature of our CNC software Pumotix.
    Please see all the possible documentation here: http://doc.pumotix.ru/display/PUMENG/...ser+manual
    Anyway you can always contact us here or send us an e-mail ([email protected]), we'll be glad to support you.

All the functions for the most expensive variant have to be free IMO. Bellow i copy past from your web site.

One additional motor
    Drilling Cycle Support
    Idle speed adjustment
    Coordinate system rotation by G-code
    Quick start G-Code from an arbitrary line
    Performing G-Code backwards
    Continuation of the G-Code from the middle of the trajectory

This is ridiculous someone to be charged extra for that basic functions. Now i understand if 4 and 5 axis cost more. But resuming G code, Idle speed adjustment... Is this a joke?
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information