. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Sorry buddy, but "my tropical water sports paradise doesn't have any CNC friends in" isn't exactly going to get a lot of sympathy from us northern hemisphere chaps in February.
    No, I thought not.

Actually this time of year is very similar here as it is there... The locals hide indoors all day burning s**t-loads of electricity to change the temperature, half the cafes and restaurants in town are closed for the month and all the tourists are 1000 miles further south.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Sorry buddy, but "my tropical water sports paradise doesn't have any CNC friends in" isn't exactly going to get a lot of sympathy from us northern hemisphere chaps in February.
    Well it's all matter of perspective really isn't it.? . . . Could say Goole is tropical compared to the north pole, those 2 deg make a big difference.!
    Could also say it's a water sports paradise because all the surrounding fields are flooded.. Oh and I'll soon have an indoor swimming pool in my below sea level warehouse when Storm Dennis tops up the already fit to burst River Ouse flood defenses.

But I'll tell you what I wouldn't swap them for all the freezing cold water in the river Ouse for those fires they have been dealing with.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Well it's all matter of perspective really isn't it.? . . . Could say Goole is tropical compared to the north pole, those 2 deg make a big difference.!
    Could also say it's a water sports paradise because all the surrounding fields are flooded.. Oh and I'll soon have an indoor swimming pool in my below sea level warehouse when Storm Dennis tops up the already fit to burst River Ouse flood defenses.

But I'll tell you what I wouldn't swap them for all the freezing cold water in the river Ouse for those fires they have been dealing with.!!
    And now some of the people affected by the fires are being hit again by floods! It's certainly a country of extremes. We fortunately missed being hit by cyclone Damian last week, the people of Karatha got him instead, and I've got my fingers crossed for your warehouse staying dry.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Ain't that the truth!

Actually I'm jealous. Stuck in my idyllic, remote little corner of Western Australia I'm surrounded by people who know about boats and fishing (and golf for some inexplicable reason) but there's nobody I know within two day's driving distance who want's to come round with a packet of hobnobs and talk about CNC machines
    I feel for ya Bro....

Same here...:)

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I feel for ya Bro....
    At least you ARE within two days driving distance. Less than 2000Km!
    Last edited by Kitwn; 15-02-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Same here...:)
    Thanks mate. I think you're nearer 5 days drive away at 3500Km. At least you've got the McLaren Vale wineries to distract you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Thanks mate. I think you're nearer 5 days drive away at 3500Km. At least you've got the McLaren Vale wineries to distract you.
    Yes but no one to come over and "talk" cnc :)

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Yes but no one to come over and "talk" cnc :)
    That's why we torment these poor people on MYCNCUK with our banter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information