. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Waiting on the uc300 eth motion controller and ucbb breakout Broad to be delivered for a uccnc upgrade,,, it also came with a uccnc licence,,,,,,,got an option for a new Hiteco hsk 63f spindle,,,,,,anyone using this type?
    Last edited by voyager1972; 22-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.

HSK63 is bit on the large side for a router but it will certainly do the job, thou tool holders are expensive compared to say BT40. For instance, I just looked on Cutwel site and HSK60F ER32 collet holder is £102. BT40 ER32 is £17.30.!

HSK is much stiffer but to be honest it will be wasted on a Chinese router so unless it's same or not much more money, then because of the much more expensive tool holder then I'd probably give it a miss because 10 tools, which sounds a lot but for ATC it's not, will cost £1K+ compared to £200 or less. BIG Difference.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes, the Spindle is 220V and it doesn't have any drive keys, very few of the lower end ATC router spindles have them. This machine won't ever use large tooling other than surface cutter which will be light cuts so it's not a problem.

Here's a quick and dirty Video of it changing tools, tool change time is on low for testing purposes but I'll tweak the macro and bump it up when I'm happy it's all aligned properly, still got bit of tweaking to do.

Excuse the wires and pipes hanging down everywhere the machines still very much a work in progress. The Z-axis will have a cover and all the pipes/wires, etc will be trimmed to length and in trunking. The bed as still got to be cut for the Vacuum bed and surfaced but will be left until last after everything is buttoned up and the extraction system is connected. The chips from HDPE are a nightmare and stick-like Sh#T to a blanket so it's a must.

Oh and before anyone says it NO I haven't held camera wrong way up.? It's a Vertical machine.!

I've noticed from some of your other machine builds that you are using a fixed BK12 bearing in both ends of the X-axis (don't know about Y-axis). What is the reason for that?

Also in this video, you are not using any floating bearing on the Z-axis. Is it not needed because of the very short Z-axis length?

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    I've noticed from some of your other machine builds that you are using a fixed BK12 bearing in both ends of the X-axis (don't know about Y-axis). What is the reason for that?
    I do this on all ball-screws longer than 1000mm on both X & Y. The reason is to lower ballscrew whip, 2 fixed bearings provides more support and also allow the screw to be pre-loaded with tension.

Also in this video, you are not using any floating bearing on the Z-axis. Is it not needed because of the very short Z-axis length?
    Not required on ball-screws less than 350mm.

I do this on all ball-screws longer than 1000mm on both X & Y. The reason is to lower ballscrew whip, 2 fixed bearings provides more support and also allow the screw to be pre-loaded with tension.

Not required on ball-screws less than 350mm.
    I see. How do you apply the pre-load with 2 fixed bearings? I thought the common way to do it was using a double ball-nut.

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

I see. How do you apply the pre-load with 2 fixed bearings? I thought the common way to do it was using a double ball-nut.

You didn't read it correctly, I said to preload the screw with tension. I'm not preloading the ball nut I'm just putting the screws under tension so it doesn't whip.

You didn't read it correctly, I said to preload the screw with tension. I'm not preloading the ball nut I'm just putting the screws under tension so it doesn't whip.
    My bad, thanks for clarifying!

Hi Jazz,,
    I live in the US and I purchased a similar Chinese 4.5KW BT 30 ATC spindle.
    I built my own CNC and after having several successes in manufacturing parts (For about two years now) I have decided to add an ATC to my machine.
    The problem that I’m having is that I can hardly find any help on how to connect this item.
    It cost about $2000 and I don’t want to short it or break it since there is no warranty for noobs like me.
    I am not a professional CNCer and everything I’ve learned about it have been on YouTube from people like yourself. It is a hobby that I truly enjoy and hopefully I could someday earn a little bit of money from it, however for now, it is only a hobby.
    Could it be possible that you can help me with my questions?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely José Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by dad33326 View Post
    Hi Jazz,,
    I live in the US and I purchased a similar Chinese 4.5KW BT 30 ATC spindle.
    I built my own CNC and after having several successes in manufacturing parts (For about two years now) I have decided to add an ATC to my machine.
    The problem that I’m having is that I can hardly find any help on how to connect this item.
    It cost about $2000 and I don’t want to short it or break it since there is no warranty for noobs like me.
    I am not a professional CNCer and everything I’ve learned about it have been on YouTube from people like yourself. It is a hobby that I truly enjoy and hopefully I could someday earn a little bit of money from it, however for now, it is only a hobby.
    Could it be possible that you can help me with my questions?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely José Ricardo
    Hi Jose,

Yes if I can help then I will, fire away with your questions.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

ATC Questions
    Hi Jazz,
    Thank you for your time.
    My my questions revolve around The electrical connections and the pneumatic connections.

Power supply, Thermal, Fan

The manual says:

9 pin plug
    1. Thermal: 1, 5. What wire do I connect here? From where?
    2. Fan: 3 Black,9 Red. What wire do I connect here? From where?
    3. Power supply: 4 Red U,6 Black V,8 Blue W. GOT IT VFD.
    4. Ground: 2 Yellow,Green. GOT IT from VFD.

Proximity switch
    Switch button
    11 Pin Plug

Hanging knife: 1 5 Red
    Unloading knife: 2 11 Red
    0V: 6 Blue 7 Blue
    24V: Brown 8 Blue

5. What is hanging knife: 1? What do I connect here? From where?
    6. What is unloading knife:2? What do I connect here? From where?
    7. 0V: 6 Blue. What do I connect here? From where?
    8. 24V: Brown What do I connect here? From where?
    Do I get the 24V from outside source?
    Which Pin is this? What does it do?

Switch button (it’s a little red button with two wires NC (I can only assume is to engage solenoid solenoid to drop the tool) What does it do?
    9. 5 Red. What do I connect here?
    10. 11 Red. What do I connect here?
    11. 7 Blue. What do I connect here?
    8 Blue. What do I connect here?

I contacted the company that sold me the spindle but you know, Chinese. They just basically told me to find my own engineer.
    In reference to the pneumatics, I have one 1/4” connection and two 4mm connections. I’m not sure where these go.

Again, thanks a lot For any help you can provide on this.
    Jose Ricardo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information