. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can you upload the manual and some pictures.

As the crystal ball is a bit misty.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I’m not sure if I did it right.
    I added a file in the post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok here goes but I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong and if you are not 100% sure about electrics I suggest you get help for someone who is more clued up. Because the manual is dodgy I would advise you to put a meter on the terminals to verify wires.

9 Pin connector first:

Pins 1 & 5: This the thermal sensor which is just a switch that changes state above a set temperature so you wire this in series with however you want it to report the high temp. This could be by turning a light on or sending a signal to the controller which can then show up as a fault.

Pins 3 & 9: This is a little obvious but it's the power for the Fan. Provide these wires with 12Vdc Red =12v(pin9) Black-0v(pin3)

Pins 4, 6, 8 are the main power from the VFD U V W

Pin 2 = Gnd

11Pin: This is a little trickier because your manual is rubbish and I've never fitted an air-cooled spindle like this one. But here's what I think.

Pin 6 = goes to Negative (0v) of 24V power supply which you'll need to power the drawbar sensors.
    The Brown wire goes to the 24V+ side of the power supply. Don't know which pin this is on your spindle.

Pin 1 = Is the signal for drawbar closed or could call it tool holder in the spindle. This you would connect to an input of the controller so your tool change macro can monitor the input, it's a PNP switch so your controller must be able to handle PNP.

Pin 2 = Is the signal for drawbar open or No tool holder in the spindle. Connect the same as above

Pins 5, 11, 7, 8, I think go thru the Momentary switch so you can manually power the solenoid to release the tool.

The pneumatics you control using Outputs from your controller to switch on solenoids. You'll need 4 solenoids 2 for power drawbar, 1 for Air purge to clean the taper, 1 for air bearing while spindle runs keeping debris out of the bearings.

That's about all I can tell you from what you have shown me, carefully check the wiries to verify before connecting up.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

That is awesome Jazz!!,
    Thank you very much.
    It is all starting to make sense now.
    Once I get it all hooked up I will post a video of it.
    In the meantime once again thank you very much.
    Jose

Hello Jazz,
    Little by little I’ve been able to understand the ATC Circuit.
    Please correct me if I’m wrong

On the 9 pin connector.
    1. The two thermal wires 1 & 5, are for either stop the spindle at the VFD or at the CNC controller Estop signal(in my case Gecko G540)

2. Pins 3 & 9 are for the DC positive and Negative source to power the fan, connected to a relay that switches when the spindle turns on.

3. Power supply: 4 Red U,6 Black V,8 Blue W. The three phase coming out of the VFD to power the spindle.

4. Ground: Pin 2 Yellow,Green Connect to ground earth of AC power (not to be confused with DC negative)

Now for the 11 pin connector containing the PNP sensors.

I took apart the ATC to figure out where the PNP sensors were connected to which pins. I got that one figured out.

1. The gold wires on both sensors go to a DC24V that will be supplied by a transformer in the ATC controller case.

2. The blue wires go to the negative side (DC -) of that transformer.

3. The signal wire of both PNP sensors: 

This is the one I’m having trouble with!

Do I connect this one to an input on the Gecko 540 or to an input on the VFD? Or, do they go connected to a relay that operates the pneumatic valve that activates the tool holder?
    I know the answer must be very simple but I’m still processing this.

4. Pins 5–11-7-8 go to the pneumatic relay valve that activates-deactivates the tool holder and the LED light that is constantly on. This way I can just press the button and release the tool manually.

My apologies if I sound like a noob on this one, but this is my first ATC and I do not want to release the magic smoke from the spindle (I hear that is very hard to put back ��) or even worse, release a tool while the CNC is moving. This would definitely damage the ATC.
    Thanks for your help.

Jose Ricardo
    PS.
    When I finish connecting the ATC I will post a video hopefully showing success.

seen this on aliexpress , https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000184590262.html
    supposedly has ceramic bearings ,6kw atc.
    any members used this spindle ? , the company is g-penny.
    also what fuling vfd would be suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    seen this on aliexpress , https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000184590262.html
    supposedly has ceramic bearings ,6kw atc.
    any members used this spindle ? , the company is g-penny.
    also what fuling vfd would be suitable.
    I haven't but my friend has and they are ok, they actually sell it with VFD if you ask them. BUT you'll need a 16A supply or 3 phase as the VFD will be rated 7.5Kw. It will be too much for a 13A supply.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

i have 3phase supply in the workshop so the power wont be an issue , i currently have a 4.5kw non atc spindle in the router, i have contacted them about the spindle weight ,i will contact them about the vfd. i am running uccnc with the uc300eth-5lpt and the ucbb breakout board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	29777   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uc300eth.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	289.8 KB 
ID:	29778  

it,s been a while but i finally got around to purchasing an atc spindle and vfd " chinese" ,the spindle is a hqd 6kw with ceramic bearings , and a fuling vfd. both 380v,, it will be a month before i start the upgrade due to needing the router for jobs i have to do before christmas,,,,what size of compressor is recomended , i have an old 300 litre but its getting noisy and not running so good ,also what else on the spindle side is required ,,,water sperator for the air ,solenoids what kind is best ? what other equipment needed to get it up and running..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atc spindle.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	210.2 KB 
ID:	30651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuling vfd.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	30652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuling vfd2.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	30653  

after 2 years of sitting in a box i finally mounted the 6kw hqd atc spindle which i have connected to the vfd and is running smooth , at present i plan to use the manual toolchange button until i get my head around the auto toolchange and macro side of things.. i am using the uc300eth-5lpt with the ucbb with uccnc , i understand how to get the solenoid working with the button , my question is does this have to be connected through the breakout board ? and is there safety measures i need to put in place in case of a tool ejection when the spindle is in use , any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information