. .
  1. ...round and round... but how fast?

To find out I got myself one of these laser photo rev counters off ebay for 95p plus £11.50 postage, £12.49 total (which sounds a lot but when you consider that UPS, Parcelforce, etc, would charge over £20 to ship its 300gram weight, its a bargain).

A quick search before purchase didnt reveal a cheaper UK source (the equivalent Clarkes one is £57) although I did later find an even cheaper ebay source for £10 all in.

Now my Jaguar inverter reads out the actual revs of the lathe within 1 or 2 rpm, and I know the mill is 5% faster than the speeds marked on the cover (not that it matters because I have a VFD to be installed for that too)...
    Last edited by irving2008; 21-10-2009 at 02:21 PM.

2. I bought one of these eBay cheapies for about the same price ($A24).
    It seems to work pretty well although I've no other reference to compare it to.
    I've run out of rotating things to stick the reflector tape on.

[The price for mine was actually $A4 and $A20 shipping. If you request a refund, you only get the $4 back. I think the actual postage according to the post office stamp was in the order of $5]
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

3. Quote Originally Posted by tumutbound View Post
    I bought one of these eBay cheapies for about the same price ($A24).
    It seems to work pretty well although I've no other reference to compare it to.
    I've run out of rotating things to stick the reflector tape on.

[The price for mine was actually $A4 and $A20 shipping. If you request a refund, you only get the $4 back. I think the actual postage according to the post office stamp was in the order of $5]
    I work on the basis that refunding anything less than £20 from outside the UK isn't worth worrying about. Nice laser diode in there, very bright!

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    I did later find an even cheaper ebay source for £10 all in.
    At £9.65 I could not resist, can't exactly think why I need one but looks like fun :whistling:

Thread Information