. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think I've solved it but won't know until tomorrow.

Will update because it's a doozy if I'm right lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Looks like a roughing pass to me. I don't use F360 so not much help with it but I'd look to see if it's only spitting out the roughing pass and missing the finish pass.?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

The tool was damaged Jazz, brand new as well I bought 3 of them other 2 perfect.

Was causing that line effect.

The real issues I was having is the Z axis was bottoming out causing it to lose a step with certain tools (Short ones) as it hit the ballscrew mount. Why my 2d engraving was fine was never bottoming the axis.

My AM882's on my X&Y fire fault protects if they hit the ballscrew mounts only happened when my dodgy home switch soldering came a cropper lol.

But the Z can bounce off the mounts all day long guessing my motor isn't powerful enough to trigger it only a puny 1.2nm, it's getting swapped for 1.8nm ones just because I'll have a couple of spare and I bought them new, the 1.2nm one is 2nd hand and well worked.

My solution add another sheet of MDF to the bed to raise it another 18mm I might add 2 to raise it 36mm. Tomorrow I shall test my theory but well it was bottoming out on the mount and I was losing steps on the Z so I think it's a no brainer.

I have 9cm of travel so can afford to lose some.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

You are using adaptive clearing which is great for rough-cutting large amounts of material but definitely ain't no finishing cut! The "optimal load" is also set to 2.4mm, which translates as a large stepover for something like this. All this is ok to remove the bulk of the waste but you need to finish with an appropriate cutting strategy. Possibly one of the 3D strategies but I'm not in front of a screen at the moment. You will also do better with a ball-end mill rather than flat, although if you make your cuts at 90deg to what you did for roughing and with a small stepover you would get better results especially with those relatively flat curves. Good luck - this business is a continuous voyage of discovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    You are using adaptive clearing which is great for rough-cutting large amounts of material but definitely ain't no finishing cut! The "optimal load" is also set to 2.4mm, which translates as a large stepover for something like this. All this is ok to remove the bulk of the waste but you need to finish with an appropriate cutting strategy. Possibly one of the 3D strategies but I'm not in front of a screen at the moment. You will also do better with a ball-end mill rather than flat, although if you make your cuts at 90deg to what you did for roughing and with a small stepover you would get better results especially with those relatively flat curves. Good luck - this business is a continuous voyage of discovery!
    I do a finishing pass as well, it's still not working properly.

Going to change the bed today and try with some another cut with new milling bits.

Just a little update if anyone else with a DDCSV comes across this post.

You have to set the post processor to fanuc in Fusion 360
    You need to turn helical moves off for it to work properly.

I had a dodgy coupling which made things much worse, once I replaced the bad couplings and changed the post processor in Fusion everything started working better.

Now I need to program my ball nose mills into Fusion I think and play with the stepover to dial it in.

From what I read set it to 1/8th the diameter should be fine.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 24-02-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information