. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can you draw in a CAD program?
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Thanks mate I’ll have a look now.

The info I’m after really is what motors and drivers I need to order

3. The Following User Says Thank You to latza For This Useful Post:

Really you need to start with the design, never buy anything until you've drawn out when you are going to build.

Nema 23's and cheap stepper drivers you can buy on ebay with quick delivery.

I bought one of these was delivered 2 days later
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nema-23-S...g/392150487316

3 of them would make a nice X&Y drive if paired with a decent frame, slides and ballscrew.

Although the Stepper Drivers I use you can only buy from China, Alixpress is the better place for them.

Linear rail and ballscrews will come from China these will be your long ship items.

Expect China to take from 21-28 days I have always got import tax on ballscrews & linear rail. The stepper drivers slipped through tax free.

Also are you going to belt drive or direct coupling?

This is why you should start with a CAD model, someone has to make you plates after all and do not underestimate this part, for many people it's the hardest part of the build.

You will find people on the forums to make them, expect to pay but a lot less than a machine shop.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

I would suggest Latza if you are near a fellow member going to see someone who's built their own machine, nothing beats seeing one in person and having a chat to get a real idea what's involved.

Yes it's scary, no it's not really that hard and yes you will tear your hair out.

Where are you?

Sorry to jump in on this thread ....
    1st a hello from Aberystwyth on Mid Wales coast from a complete newby novice.
    I'm totally new and looking for help and ideas the questions and answers are very interesting, good luck with your build I'll be closely following it.
    Is there anyone near Aberystwyth that has a machine I could come and see to chat and hopefully learn? Ultimately I'm after building / buying / owning a machine that will handle 8' X 4' sheets bit as I say I'm 100% totally new and all this is foreign to me ......but I am a fully qualified carpenter with nearly 40years experience and have many other mechanical skills and understanding... hopefully will gain a lot from this forum
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information