. .
    Hi, probably a dumb question but I have a set of Ballnose mills for 3d carving.

One has R0.75 printed on it and another one has R2 what does this mean? I assume radius and how do I program this into my tool on Fusion 360?

Thanks
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

How do I set this up?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ballnose tool 1.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	588.9 KB 
ID:	27443
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

yes the R is for radius so the r2 will be diameter of 4mm etc. To set it up in fusion, got to the ,manufacture tab, and the click on manage at the top right of the screen. In the drop down menu select tool library. I personally keep all my tools under the "local" folder so click on local and then mills. in top right click on new mill tool, leftmost of the five icons there and under the cutter tab you can select the type of tool, ballnose being one of them, and input the diameter and length parameters of your tool

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johngoodrich For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    yes the R is for radius so the r2 will be diameter of 4mm etc. To set it up in fusion, got to the ,manufacture tab, and the click on manage at the top right of the screen. In the drop down menu select tool library. I personally keep all my tools under the "local" folder so click on local and then mills. in top right click on new mill tool, leftmost of the five icons there and under the cutter tab you can select the type of tool, ballnose being one of them, and input the diameter and length parameters of your tool
    Of course, lol so set it up as a 1.5mm damn I was having a blonde moment there.

I am a natural blonde so I can be excused ;)

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    That worked perfectly thanks machine is finally doing exactly what I want it to.

No probs

Thread Information