. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello, we got the AXYZ 3000 with a AXYZ-USB-1A (https://cncshop.com/products/23117-u...-converter-box) working with Toolpath 2.8 in Windows 7
    We are now building a new PC with Windows 10 we got everything setup except the converter, as a result Toolpath can't "find any machines"
    Any drivers we have tried do not work, does this usb to RS485 convertor works with Windows 10 and if so can someone please give me link to some working drivers.

Any help would be great.

Sorry don't know of any drivers, dose it have to be windows 10 ?

We do have these drivers you could try: http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5925-...4058#post44058

But I'm not sure they would work for you.
    .Me

Hello Lee, thank you for the reply and the link.
    I tried the drivers you provided but with no luck. They don't have to be only Windows 10, i will check whatever i can get my hands on, in my experience Windows 7,8 and even Vista drivers work with Windows 10 too, don't know why it's so hard to find something working for this device.

Thank you again
    John

It might not be what you hoped to hear but more than ten years ago I was advised not to contemplate changing from XP to Windows 7 because toolpath might not function.I don't now recall the exact version of toolpath but it may well have been 2.8 and even then it rejected with file names of more than eight characters.Both myself and the machine have moved on since those days.The suppliers of the RS485 might have a solution but it could come with a price tag.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    IIRC by default Windows 10 requires any drivers to be signed by Microsoft.

If you have the driver for Windows 7, then it should work, but the manufacturer has probably never had the driver verified and signed by MS, so you'll need to disable the driver security in Windows 10. If you google for "unsigned driver windows 10" then you'll get plenty guides. It involves booting windows in diagnostic mode.
    Only thing I'm not sure about, is if it's a 32bit driver, is if it'll work on a 64bit OS,
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Toolpath works (ver 2.8 that i have) even with windows 10 it's the convertor that fails...
    I tried to send a message to AXYZ and i am still waiting for a reply...

Thank you for the suggestion i gave it a try but with no luck :( i ll keep on trying to find drivers and test them as you advised.
    Don't know if the drivers are 32bit or 64bit version, i don't think that 32bit will work on a 64bit PC and vice versa.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Just checked, and 32bit drivers won't work on a 64bit OS.

Could you install a 32bit version of Windows10?

Yes i could do that and check if the drivers work. Problem is i do not have any drivers (that i know that they work 64 or 32 bits).
    If you could send me any 32 bit drivers i will give it a try.

Find and copy the files from the computer that is working.

If you go into Device Manager, find the existing working device, click the Driver tab, then click the Driver Details button, it'll bring up a list of all the relevant driver files.
    Copy all those files, and install them on the new computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information