. .
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    What kind of signal wires are recommended between the controller and AC servo drives? Would ethernet cables be good? Also do they need to be shielded?

Cat5 or Cat6?

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

Most AC servos have manufacturer made cables between the motor and drive.

Are you taking about within the control box? Or outside?

Quote Originally Posted by pippin88 View Post
    Most AC servos have manufacturer made cables between the motor and drive.

Are you taking about within the control box? Or outside?
    Yes, within the control box between the ESS breakout board and the servo drives.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    What kind of signal wires are recommended between the controller and AC servo drives? Would ethernet cables be good? Also do they need to be shielded?

Cat5 or Cat6?

Cat5 or 6 will work provided it's shielded and you ground one end of the shield at the star point.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi,

from #111 "Perhaps I could change the design and use only 1 servo motor on the Y-axis with belt drive connected to both sides. This in turn will not allow for squaring the gantry with motion controller but I think i can get it square any way."

I am face to the same question and first thought is doubling motor + driver + home switch is a costly option compare to 1 motor + belt drive... Have you develop the track of 1 motor for the both Y with belt drive ? Could you advice buildLog of thread that discuss this point ?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    Hi,

from #111 "Perhaps I could change the design and use only 1 servo motor on the Y-axis with belt drive connected to both sides. This in turn will not allow for squaring the gantry with motion controller but I think i can get it square any way."

I am face to the same question and first thought is doubling motor + driver + home switch is a costly option compare to 1 motor + belt drive... Have you develop the track of 1 motor for the both Y with belt drive ? Could you advice buildLog of thread that discuss this point ?
    Regards
    No I didn't go for that. I did alrady buy the components fpr dual drive Y-axis and they are being shipped currently. I never looked into the design either. I bet it could work, but perhaps it is not ideal in my case for a 1200mm gantry!

Status update.

I have ordered all parts and have now received linear rails and ballscrews from BST automation. Stuff looks high quality, but to my unpleasant surprise I ahbe received 2005 ballscrews instead of the requested and quoted 2010 ballscrews... Looks like I will only be getting 7.5m/min rapids now...

I will try to sort this out with Fred, but my expectations are not high. I am not sure how it works with returning the parts. I already paid extremely expensive shipping (due to current world situation) and rip off custom clearance.. Feelings are not the greaterst right now, downgrading from 15m/min to 7.5m/min.

As mentioned earlier in the build log, I will be using servos rated at 3000rpm, with a 2:1 ratio to limit ballscrew rpm to 1500. As I said, I have also already ordered belts and pulleys for that gearing. Fuck. Rant over.

Are you sure there aren't just two threads on the screws? I initially thought the same thing, then realised if I follow one helix it goes 10mm in one rotation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyUK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Are you sure there aren't just two threads on the screws? I initially thought the same thing, then realised if I follow one helix it goes 10mm in one rotation.
    Not sure but I quickly measured from one high point on the thread to the next. I neez to check again tomorrow since I already left the garage. I hope you are right though!

No they will be correct, they are twin start screws. If you look carefully at the end you will see multiple threads, but it's easy to check just rotate the ballnut and measure how far it moves.

It's a common mistake.

The reason they use this method is it gives higher torque and lessens the depth required and keeps the screw stronger.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information