. .
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No I very much doubt it. The plastic seals don't grip that much and not something that misalign because of how the bearings are put together.
    Normally I don't get trouble with Hi-win bearings needing cleaning from new but if it feels like just one of the bearings is doing it then it may be worth taking apart and checking there's no debris in it.
    They are very easy to take apart and rebuild, just do it inside a tray because the balls go every where.

Personally I think they will be ok and your feeling the normal Sticky clicky notchy feeling they can give when dry and new. Obviously very difficult to now without feeling them.
    You were right. After pushing them around for a while and greasing them, they now run much smoother. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by NordicCnc View Post
    You were right. After pushing them around for a while and greasing them, they now run much smoother. Problem solved!
    Good, It's common for people not used to profiled rails to think they would glide as if on air when they are actually quite stiff. Preloaded ones are even worse, they can feel as if they have sized up.!!
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Sorry everyone for keeping you in the dark for such a long time. I have had a really busy couple of months, but I've managed to almost finalize the mechanical side and I am now working on the electronics. First some test was done for the X-axis yesterday. 15m/min rapid easily as expected, with auto tuned DMM 400w servo!

Anyway there was some vibration on the fixed bearing mounting plate, which I believe is the because of the high mounting. I plan to fix this by adding a 20mm aluminium plate on top of the X-axis ballscrew nut housing, to get the bearing plates lower down on the aluminium profile.

And by the way, lots and lots of shimming and dialing has been done for the rails..!

I didnt take any pictures or videos so here are some old pictures when I was laying out the electronics. More pictures will follow later this week..

Skickat från min SM-A530F via Tapatalk

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information