. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I viewed the AXBB and wiring layout looks familiar to my existing controller the use of my CNC is mainly engraving stone it has a waterfeed coolant pump thats controlled from the software. I have never used Mach 3 software so I will have to adapt to using it. I would like to add a pendant controller to the CNC and at the present I have a tool change sensor because the CNC is in damp conditions the sensor occasionally sticks and gives incorrect tool cut depths can is there a unit available that is water proof?

Quote Originally Posted by joss01 View Post
    Hi I am looking for a PC based unit because that uses a USB connection its no use changing the format. Out of the 2 for perfomance, reliability and ease of installation what would you recommend? the cnc is a 3 phase unit will that not effect the controller.
    Ok well first let me say USB isn't very reliable for CNC your better using an Ethernet-based controller. Both those I suggested are Ethernet-based.
    The AXBB is the easier of the two regards installation because it doesn't require a Breakout board but the UC300 attached to a decent breakout board like the UB1 is the more powerful package and offers more I/O.

Both of the CncDrive boards can use either Mach3 or there own software called UCCNC. Mach3 is very capable and easy enough to use but it's getting long in the tooth and isn't supported anymore which puts some people off. For me personally it's not a problem and it works very well for routers etc I build and sell.
    However, if I was using either of these boards I'd use UCCNC because it's fully supported and in some cases better than Mach3.

If I was using Mach3 then I'd us a controller from Cslabs as they are much higher quality and very very reliable.

Regards 3 phase then usually this is just for the Spindle and coolant pumps. The control side will pull from just one of the phases and somewhere in the control box will be transformer or two dropping voltages for drives and Controller, etc.

Obviously, without knowing more about what you have I can't say much more than that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information