. .

View Poll Results: Will you buy this software license for 35$?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%
  • May Be

0 0%
  • Can't Say

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hello Forum members,
    Please check my YouTube channel where I showcase SandeepsCNC software which is completely developed on a single board computer, raspberry Pi. Currently I am distributing the Licenses for Free. Request you to check whether it will be useful for your projects and I will be happy to hear your inputs and suggestions in promoting my work. Thank you.

From what I gather from your website this is essentially a grey-scale image to a rasterised 3d relief carving? No G-Code interpreter?

That's interesting for some, but not for me. But it's an interesting application of a RPi, which could probably be a good standalone device suitable for small scale machines. With the right software!

The purpose of this software is not to use G-code. For 3- axis CNC it's really not needed. Even for simple tasks you spend so much time in writing the code or converting the cad/cam.

Please look at other video's. Technically you can do all which you do with G-code code but with ease and fast.
    Last edited by SandeepsCNC; 17-03-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Miss typed

I think we need to agree to disagree on this one.

Well, I respect your opinion to disagree :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SandeepsCNC For This Useful Post:

Sandeep, I don't think people really want to spend minutes watching a video to get information that could be read in seconds on a website. As a CNC and Pi user I'm interested in what you have, can you provide a link to your website please?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    Sandeep, I don't think people really want to spend minutes watching a video to get information that could be read in seconds on a website. As a CNC and Pi user I'm interested in what you have, can you provide a link to your website please?
    Hello John,
    Please find the Website link below. The website is still under development but will provide a basic idea of what SandeepsCNC Software does. Hope this helps.

https://sandeeps-cnc.business.site/?hl=en

Thanks for the link. One question: you say that the machine doesn't need g code, and can cut simple shapes from the app. But, while that's useful, often one would also like for example to import complex shapes from CAD/CAM - is that not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    Thanks for the link. One question: you say that the machine doesn't need g code, and can cut simple shapes from the app. But, while that's useful, often one would also like for example to import complex shapes from CAD/CAM - is that not possible?
    Hello John,
    It is not possible to import 3D shapes from CAD/CAM. But it is possible for any 2D shapes using "Image based shape Cutting" option, Ex: PCB.
    You can get any 2D shape for CAD/CAM saved as an image and give it to the SandeepsCNC software. Using Image based Edge detection methods it will create the tool paths. I am sorry, I didn't have a video to demonstrate it but the functionality is there.

The main purpose of this software is to help CNC Machine builders to reduce machine building cost and do Complex 2D and 3D relief carvings simple and easy.

For 3D CAD/CAM shapes, you certainly need G-Code. There are already free G-code runners available for Raspberry pi. But you still need to pay for software to generate the G-Code.

I will integrate G-Code interpreter in the SandeepsCNC software only if there is lot of request from users.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SandeepsCNC View Post
    I will integrate G-Code interpreter in the SandeepsCNC software only if there is lot of request from users.
    Happy to test when this is available.

Also, you mention PCBs - if you can provide a video of you successfully producing a PCB with a feature size of, say 0.25mm or 10 mil and a board size of 160mmx100mm then you might find a lot more interest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information