. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Hi,
    I've been having an interest in CNC for few years to make little parts for my motorcycle and decided to pull the trigger on a SIEG SX2.7 bought recently from Arceurotrade. This will be a long process for me since I don't have yet the money to upgrade it to CNC but really pleased with this little milling machine even though I got already to major problems out of the box. If you want you can watch some videos I made on youtube:

Last edited by lewiss66; 23-03-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi lewiss66
    Welcome to the forum, looks like something is bent, i would contact the supplier, item has to be fit for purpose and that isn't.
    Regards
    Mike

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Ok Thanks I contacted them and waiting for their reply for the spindle. I may have to take it apart myself...

Welcome, Lewis.

Re. an earlier question, elsewhere, on the back panel on the Z column - have you checked the exploded diagrams on Arc's site (spare-parts)? It's admittedly not very clear (it doesn't include the two bolts that are there). This is one area I've modded on mine - there's only one bolt there now (had to cut part of the casing to fit the Z-axis motor mount). My machine is bolted to my bench and levelled - if you struggle to get the cover off I can unbolt to investigate but I expect it'd be easier to check yours?, feel free to ask if you do need me to take a proper look (I'll have to unmount some of the control boxes that are bolted to the column through holes I drilled and tapped into the column for this purpose). I can't remember any significant problems working on the Z column.

This is a (poor) image of the back of mine when I had it in bits (with new ball screw/nut and a limit sensor)

http://www.mycncuk.com/attachment.ph...9&d=1557694115

also,
    Last edited by Doddy; 23-03-2020 at 06:19 PM.

For whoever is reading this thread I'm talking also about my second problem which is my motor that is acting up.

Actually I removed the two top screws and the cover came off at the top only but got stuck at the bottom, then removed the two bottom screws at the back of the cover but still doesn't want to come off. It could have been simpler if my mill was on the bench but unfortunatly it's still in the crate. Yes I was not expecting to buy it that soon and haven't build the table. But I wasn't not expecting to have those two problemes right at the checking when I got the mill.
    So It could just be the cover that rub against the bottom plywood of the crate but I have not much room to access and if someone knew what screws to unbold that would help me to get into it directly without contortions :)
    Anyway I just received from Arceurotrade the motor control board so I might have to push the heavy crate anyhow to install it ...
    Last edited by lewiss66; 24-03-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lewiss66 View Post
    Anyway I just received from Arceurotrade the motor control board so I might have to push the heavy crate anyhow to install it ...
    Motor Control Board? More problems? You show the spindle binding with the spindle belt removed - so I thought this was just a mechanical issue with the spindle?

Yes the first problem is the spindle binding. The second one is the motor acting up and that's why I'm trying to remove the back cover. (I made a video on each problem)
    The video of the motor faillure:
    Last edited by lewiss66; 23-03-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Hey Mike,
    So do you recall removing any screws underneath the collumn when you took off your cover?
    By the way, thanks for introducing me to this great Forum.
    Last edited by lewiss66; 24-03-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3424.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	578.3 KB 
ID:	27663

Electronics with lids removed.

Quote Originally Posted by lewiss66 View Post
    Hey Mike,
    So do you recall removing any screws underneath the collumn when you took off your cover?
    By the way, thanks for introducing me to this great Forum.

No problem - easier to give advice on here than YouTube - and there's a clever bunch of blokes on here.

Re. bolts, when I can find time I'll.... oh!, wait....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 08.20.33.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	27664

That's the base of the Z column - bolt on low left and low right. Don't take the bolts off the bottom plate - that's the filter mesh :)

EDIT: OP - sorry, re-read your earlier post - and you've found the two bolts on the lower part of the column. I really can't recall any problem removing the shroud on the Z-column, but if you're working inside the packing case you're giving yourself problems. As you can see the column shroud contains all the electronics and cabling that will restrict movement/removal of the shroud - you really need to get the machine out of the crate to continue sensibly.

I have a problem taking mine off further because I've drilled and tapped a number of holes to mount junction boxes etc to the column - they'd have to come off first.
    Last edited by Doddy; 24-03-2020 at 10:09 AM. Reason: re-read OP's question slowly

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information