Hi There,

taking the plunge into CNC

selling my manual lathe and mill and looking to get something more sensibly sized......

i have tried to narrow down my needs but tick all the wrong boxes as want the ability to prototype parts from all materials including steel so it seems to be a worst case of strength and rigidity therefor weight

had an old roundhead Colchester Triumph and Bridgeport and while useful they are both huge in a garage and CNC was always the plan and the time has come

for a mill i am thinking of a Denford Triac as the work area is big enough and they look to be a great starting point mechanically with great potential and well documented conversions.

Lathe possibly a small Boxford 125 type machine but i have a small manual lathe so not any specific need for that yet

would welcome any advice on the Triac as cost is a huge factor for me and the range of prices on these seem to range up to the point where a new china clone manual mill and conversion is tempting but i am sceptical on the quality of the end result.

hope you are all doing good in the current strange situation we find ourselves in