. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ( First things first, LEE can we please have a section for Machine Components because of components like this which cover a wide range of machine types.!)

Ok well as the title says I've got my hands on a new controller, new to me that is, these controllers have been around quite a long time and fitted in many industrial applications, Often hidden behind the scenes disguised as manufacturers own brand.

The video says pretty much everything about why I've got it so check it out if interests you and ask any questions and I'll try to answer. If you want me to test it with anything in particular or in a certain way just ask and I'll see what can do.

One thing I didn't touch on in the video is that at first, it may seem a little pricey but when you compare it with other boards and what it offers it's actually very good value on spec alone. But when you factor in that the Software is free and you are not paying for a license it gets even better.

The ET-7 I'm showing is 6-axis Step/Dir with 3 encoder inputs for Full closed-loop capability on 3-axis if required (why only 3 I'm not sure.?) which you don't find on many cards anyway and those that do tend to be much higher prices. The ET-10 which isn't a massive amount of money more is even better in that it offers both Analog and Step/Dir fully closed loop on all 6-Axis and a lot more I/O.
    The ET-6 is also very good spec at the lower end but doesn't offer Encoders. But again when you consider no other boards are required or software licenses etc it's still good value for a High spec 6 axis card with advanced software.

The reason I say Advanced software is because, the other thing all of them offer, which very few other software/controllers at this price do is an "S" Curve motion profile planner which makes for silky smooth motion, which for routers and fast-moving machines doing 3D type work is a great advantage.

Anyway here's Video.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information