. .
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    ( First things first, LEE can we please have a section for Machine Components because of components like this which cover a wide range of machine types.!)

Ok well as the title says I've got my hands on a new controller, new to me that is, these controllers have been around quite a long time and fitted in many industrial applications, Often hidden behind the scenes disguised as manufacturers own brand.

The video says pretty much everything about why I've got it so check it out if interests you and ask any questions and I'll try to answer. If you want me to test it with anything in particular or in a certain way just ask and I'll see what can do.

One thing I didn't touch on in the video is that at first, it may seem a little pricey but when you compare it with other boards and what it offers it's actually very good value on spec alone. But when you factor in that the Software is free and you are not paying for a license it gets even better.

The ET-7 I'm showing is 6-axis Step/Dir with 3 encoder inputs for Full closed-loop capability on 3-axis if required (why only 3 I'm not sure.?) which you don't find on many cards anyway and those that do tend to be much higher prices. The ET-10 which isn't a massive amount of money more is even better in that it offers both Analog and Step/Dir fully closed loop on all 6-Axis and a lot more I/O.
    The ET-6 is also very good spec at the lower end but doesn't offer Encoders. But again when you consider no other boards are required or software licenses etc it's still good value for a High spec 6 axis card with advanced software.

The reason I say Advanced software is because, the other thing all of them offer, which very few other software/controllers at this price do is an "S" Curve motion profile planner which makes for silky smooth motion, which for routers and fast-moving machines doing 3D type work is a great advantage.

Anyway here's Video.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Re. your first grumble - (terminal blocks) it's a big grumble if you need to meter the signals - not entirely unrealistic when debugging the machine wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Re. your first grumble - (terminal blocks) it's a big grumble if you need to meter the signals - not entirely unrealistic when debugging the machine wiring.
    Get what you are saying but if anything they make that easier because the wires are facing straight up and easily accessible(which could be another grumble because I'd like them to come out sideways for entering the trunking..Lol). I would never meter of terminal screws anyway.

Okay, impressed with the documentation. I'm in a pickle now, with an UC300eth/UCCNC/W10 running Mill#1, the software for which doesn't support turning. A 7i76e/LinuxCNC which supports turning, but is a bit of a hatchet job in terms of polished software (but I love the board and small things like the functional segregation / choice of connectors - allows you to swap axis around with complete ease), and now this - which looks to support both n-axis machining and turning (tbh, the website seems to concentrate a little on plasma... maybe that's my next project...). The boards are a little pricey - I take your point about the software licensing - that's certainly a consideration (I'd have to buy a second UCCNC license if I wanted to use this on my second mill).

I think I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on with the software and compatibility with F360 and the likes. Is this a turnkey solution? Also your opinion of MyCNC and support? - their help forum looks to still be in its infancy.

Probably my WinXP but no link showing

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    Probably my WinXP but no link showing
    Not sure what your meaning with this John, care to explain.?

Link to your video is not appearing.

Just tried a win10 PC at it appears OK
    Last edited by johnsattuk; 29-03-2020 at 09:33 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to johnsattuk For This Useful Post:

Hey, it says it supports the wireless pendant I use as well. That marks it out from the pack! Hardly the biggest decision factor but if I added the price of the UCCNC pendant to the UC300ETH/UB1/UCCNC software bundle, the price difference ain't that great.

Wonder when there will be enough interest that we see UK pricing and delivery costs?

Okay, impressed with the documentation. I'm in a pickle now, with an UC300eth/UCCNC/W10 running Mill#1, the software for which doesn't support turning. A 7i76e/LinuxCNC which supports turning, but is a bit of a hatchet job in terms of polished software (but I love the board and small things like the functional segregation / choice of connectors - allows you to swap axis around with complete ease), and now this -
    Well I can tell you straight away in terms of build quality(other than the connector layout) it knocks the spots off UC300Eth and UB1 combo which is all I've used in the past. The build quality is what puts me off there boards, they are hobby controllers and they feel like hobby controllers in terms of build quality. This controller just feels more industrial and better built.
    Regards price then a UC300 + UB1 + License won't be far behind the ET-6 and you still won't have lathe etc.

I agree on the Mesa cards, they are hard to beat in terms of value and they are built very well. Shame the software is so hard to get on with and not very intuiative. It requires a large learning curve to get the most from the cards and because of how it's developed, then for me personally who want's to fit to these cards to customers machines who need single knowledge source they can turn to if got any issues rather than using a forum and waiting. This alone is worth paying a little extra for IMO.

I think I'd be interested in hearing how you're getting on with the software and compatibility with F360 and the likes. Is this a turnkey solution? Also your opinion of MyCNC and support? - their help forum looks to still be in its infancy.
    I will report back any findings. Not sure what your meaning by turn key.? . . . It's nothing special just for me if that's what you mean, it's just a motion control card anyone else can buy and as been around for a long time.
    Regards MyCNC and the support, then so far for the few questions I've asked it's been very good with a quick and knowledgable reply but without being over complicated.
    Ivan from MyCNC is on this forum and very helpful so if you have any questions I don't cover then give him a shout directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Wonder when there will be enough interest that we see UK pricing and delivery costs?
    The shipping was reasonable at $50 which is about right from Canada and came quickly enough. There is also 10% discount for Mycncuk members I believe.
    You will get slapped for the usual import Vat etc. Was £89 this included rip off £15 handling fee

BUT . . . That said I'm not recommending anyone buy this card based on my first impressions. While this board is very well made and the Software looks very capable plus the folks behind it are very helpful, it's still got to do the business on the machines. So lets see.!!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 29-03-2020 at 10:13 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information