. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Well a quick look shows that it should cut a 50mm pocket. The last move is at 43.65 and the tool 12.7mm so should hit 50mm provided the tool really is 12.7mm

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Ignoring all the individual line segments...

X lower extreme = 6.35, higher extreme = 43.65. Tool size specified as 12.7mm (6.35 rad), defines a X range of 0..50mm - I guess the operation...

line 231:
    G01 X43.650 Y6.350 Z-3.000
    G01 X43.650 Y43.650 Z-3.000
    G01 X6.350 Y43.650 Z-3.000
    G01 X6.350 Y6.350 Z-3.000

is the finishing pass, and should leave a 50mm pocket. Provided that your cutter is 12.7mm diameter.

The code is right (at least that should leave the pocket at the correct size). I'd look to answer Jazz's question on measured tool size. Beyond that, looking at the input to the DDSCV controller (GCode) is correct, you have the configuration of the DDSCV itself that I cannot advise, and the output measured... I'd say the controller is looking suspicious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Hmmm, really basic question - you have measured backlash on the axis?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I'd say the controller is looking suspicious.
    I'm not sure it is because it would show error in the distance between the other pockets. The only thing it could be is if it was applying any tool offsets and he says not.!

My money is on the tool being wrong.!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

I just ran that code to make sure as I did just generate that code and also I just updated the firmware on the controller

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square X.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	590.2 KB 
ID:	27724

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	square Y.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	584.8 KB 
ID:	27726
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

G-Code describes 50mm with a 12.7mm cutter. I reckon your machine is just plain haunted and we should all just self-isolate from it.

The bit that gets me is that it's a very precise 1mm error. But the G-Code is precise and correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'm not sure it is because it would show error in the distance between the other pockets. The only thing it could be is if it was applying any tool offsets and he says not.!

My money is on the tool being wrong.!
    I'm going to try doing a factory settings reset on the controller in case it's tool offset I'm missing, that I set by accident.

I thought updating the firmware would do that but it did not.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

G-Code describes 50mm with a 12.7mm cutter. I reckon your machine is just plain haunted and we should all just self-isolate from it.

The bit that gets me is that it's a very precise 1mm error. But the G-Code is precise and correct.
    It's always 1mm out

33mm hole was 32mm

99mm hole was 98mm.

I'm adding noise now to this thread which I don't want to do but I understand (I think) where Jazz is coming from - it's unlikely to be a tool offset or deliberate behaviour by the controller simply because the controller doesn't understand the geometry of the shape being cut - that's part of the CAM to apply the tool diameter offset performed by Fusion depending on the face being machined.

The only thing I can see in the manual are the backlash parameters 437..445 (DS DDCSV V3.1) that would likely have such an impact on behaviour, but even that I'm doubting as it is likely to introduce more steps, rather than reduce.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

I'm adding noise now to this thread which I don't want to do but I understand (I think) where Jazz is coming from -
    No No No don't go complicating shit with that it's too consistent to be noise. It would be random and happening all over the place if it was noise.

Still haven't had an answer to if the tool has been measured.?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information