. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    The CR-10S that Jazz has would fit that (rotated), and that's where you'll often find yourself with an insufficiently-sized printer - trying to rotate the job to fit the available envelope. Or building in sections and bolting together, but only if the design supports that.
    Wouldn't need to rotate it at 150x150 with CR10S. But it would take days to print at 400 high with any decent quality. Think if I was building tall parts I'd fit it inside a box to retain the heat and probably upgrade the bed. But that said I've not done a thing to my printer other than print adjusting knobs for the bed to make it easier to setup and I'm very happy with it for what I do, which isn't anything fancy or taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by diycnc View Post
    Secondary, dont underestimate the strength of a well designed and printed plastic part. Especially the fiber reinforced stuff.
    I can vouch for that,. I've printed lots of parts for testing on machines and I've also got a couple of customer machines running 3D printed PLA motor mounts in a 10hr day working environment. All the machines I build have at least 3-5 individual 3D printed parts ie: Limit brackets etc and growing as they test out ok.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thread Information