. .
    Hi Chaps,

I can switch the spindle on and off in Mach4 no problem but when I close Mach4 the spindle turns on. I presume this is due to a setting in the smoothstepper. I have stop/start and feed hold state set to "force off". Also I double checked the BOB spindle relay is n/o.

Also how do I configure the spindle to run in 0-10v mode? My BOB does not have a pin no for the 0-10v o/p how do I allocate it in ESS pins config?

Finally does the BOB convert the PWM to anologue volts?

BOB is generic "ECG Savebase"

Cheers

David

Quote Originally Posted by V8kid View Post
    Hi Chaps,

I can switch the spindle on and off in Mach4 no problem but when I close Mach4 the spindle turns on. I presume this is due to a setting in the smoothstepper. I have stop/start and feed hold state set to "force off". Also I double checked the BOB spindle relay is n/o.

Also how do I configure the spindle to run in 0-10v mode? My BOB does not have a pin no for the 0-10v o/p how do I allocate it in ESS pins config?

Finally does the BOB convert the PWM to analog volts?

BOB is generic "ECG Savebase"

Cheers

David

Your BOB does not support Spindle except in Relay mode / the relay switches it off and on/ . So no PWM, no 0-10V. forget about that

Hence in ESS manual is explained how to properly set the spindle in that mode.

It could be done with additional board but easier and cheaper will be probably to buy a better BOB, best with integrated transformer or converter for the 0-10v/ 0-5v ,most spindles /VDFs/ support both modes

And about that ON/Off problem. Remove power to the board and try connecting the relay outputs to see if problem persists. So you remove board from equation or problem is in the relay of the board, or the way you have programed that relay in Mach3 outputs
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Your BOB does not support Spindle except in Relay mode / the relay switches it off and on/ . So no PWM, no 0-10V. forget about that

Hence in ESS manual is explained how to properly set the spindle in that mode.

It could be done with additional board but easier and cheaper will be probably to buy a better BOB, best with integrated transformer or converter for the 0-10v/ 0-5v ,most spindles /VDFs/ support both modes

And about that ON/Off problem. Remove power to the board and try connecting the relay outputs to see if problem persists. So you remove board from equation or problem is in the relay of the board, or the way you have programed that relay in Mach3 outputs
    Thanks Boyan so the BOB will not support spindle speed I think I'll try Bill Caldwells method using Modbus RTU rather than replacing the BOB as the usb to RS485 converter is only a fiver on eBay.

Re the other advice I confirmed it is settings in Mach4 but what settings? I have already followed the manual ( your link was to mach3 and the screens are quite different) to no avail.

Will see how I get on with Modbus RTU

Cheers

Thread Information