. .
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I have a video, but it's fuzzy and noisy... but if it helps I'll throw it onto YouTube. But, I think I can describe it easily enough:

No comms: Green power light on board, green carrier light as one of the two integrated LEDs on the RJ45 socket.
    UCCNC starting up: Blue light on board illuminates. Orange activity light in RJ45 flashes 3-4 times a second, continuously.
    UCCNC operating: As above.
    UCCNC shutdown: Blue light, and orange light extinguish.
    Thanks so there is a light on next to the RJ45 socket with no comms but it goes off after running and exiting UCCNC?

Sorry, the green light on the board remains on throughout, comms or no comms.

The blue light on the board is on only whilst connected to the software.

This is a UC300ETH, btw, not an AXBB.

Thanks. I have just re-RTFM and found:
    The green LED in the RJ45 connector is the 'Link' Led which lights when there is an active
    connection to the computer or switch/router. If the green LED is off when the LAN cable is
    connected to the computer and the AXBB-E board is powered then there is a physical
    connection problem, the cable might be broken or has the wrong pinout.
    The orange LED is the 'Activity' LED which lights when packets being received or
    transmitted by the device.

And the green light goes off on mine. My parcel is due before 11am tomorrow so I will have another look as I can't say I have seen an orange light BUT probably not looked at it when it has connencted. I have also now got another spare hub to try.
    Last edited by ngwagwa; 23-04-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    The 2 readings of 2.4 were pairs from the stepper disconnected from everything else. The 0.4 on the purples I am not sure now as I only disconnected 1 of them so I knew which was which - I will double check the purples and try and trace then tomorrow providing UPS deliver in the morning otherwise it will be Saturday.
    So out of stepper I have 6 wires 2 pairs each with a resistance of 2.4 and two purple wires with a resistance 0.4. The 2 pairs are connected to the drivers and i have (so far) been unable to trace the purple inside the cabinet but they are not connected together and there is no connection between the 2 puple and the other 2 pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    So out of stepper I have 6 wires 2 pairs each with a resistance of 2.4 and two purple wires with a resistance 0.4. The 2 pairs are connected to the drivers and i have (so far) been unable to trace the purple inside the cabinet but they are not connected together and there is no connection between the 2 puple and the other 2 pairs.
    I've tried reading around while I'm bored and didn't get very far. All I've got is:
    6 wire steppers can be wired Unipolar or Bipolar(series).
    My guess is it's in series and NC means not connected?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6wire.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	27954

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    I've tried reading around while I'm bored and didn't get very far. All I've got is:
    6 wire steppers can be wired Unipolar or Bipolar(series).
    My guess is it's in series and NC means not connected?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6wire.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	27954
    That's the configuration on my X Axis (I found out thanks to JAZZNC and Doddy) it was originally wired A+ to COM and B+ to COM so we changed it as per your diagram.

Thinking the Y and Z axis would be the same I was examining the wires on the Z axis (typo earlier) but all I could find were two pairs with a resistance of 2.4 and the 2 purple with a resistance of 0.4,

Many thanks to everyone especially Doddy and JAZZCNC for all the assistance given and my Denford Router is now much improved with a new 65V power supply, digital drivers, AXBB motion controller with UCCNC at the front end. Along the way I have been introduced and educated in many of the intricacies of CNC control that prior to this were black magic. I am now cutting metal and have only one more piece of the black art to come to grips with which I have posted in the UCCNC section of the Machine Control Software section.

You'll be back! <manical snigger>

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information