. .
    Hi to all hope you are safe in these terrible times, any way moving to the problem my limited knowledge of VFD
    i have a 3 KW spindle that runs at 18000rpm and 300 Hz and a HY03D023B (3 kw) I have set all the pd that need to be set to 300 and the control by the software
    and that works fine, as for the rest its all a mine field to me, can any one list down the setting for this combination that are optimal.

Cheers in anticipation of enlightenment.

You say you have set all the needed PD to 300 but have you set the current and voltage PD settings to match the spindle.? They are usually laser etched on side of spindle.!

When you say it's working fine, what exactly do you mean by that ie: It just starts up fine or it starts up and displays rpm, current, etc correctly and ramps up n down in speed ok and gives correct speed.at the spindle. Because if it's the latter then I'm struggling to see exactly what your asking for.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    You say you have set all the needed PD to 300 but have you set the current and voltage PD settings to match the spindle.? They are usually laser etched on side of spindle.!

When you say it's working fine, what exactly do you mean by that ie: It just starts up fine or it starts up and displays rpm, current, etc correctly and ramps up n down in speed ok and gives correct speed.at the spindle. Because if it's the latter then I'm struggling to see exactly what your asking for.?
    sorry for not being to helpful, i was referring to the torque curve and minimum speed, things of this nature, i want to machine Ali 6061 at the correct setting other than speeds and feeds.

i have down loaded the manual but other than the run of the MILL stuff pardon the pun, i have all what you said working.

Thanks for the help

Current yes
    voltage yes
    speed correct

fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher102 View Post
    sorry for not being to helpful, i was referring to the torque curve and minimum speed, things of this nature, i want to machine Ali 6061 at the correct setting other than speeds and feeds.
    Nobody can tell you that with any accuracy because there are far to many variables involved. The tools you will be using and cam strategies your using will dictate most of this and only when you start using larger tools that spin slower and require more torque will you possibly need to start messing with torque tuning the VFD.

Cutting 6061 or most aluminum for that matter unless cutting with large diameter tools 12mm + will require high spindle speeds which is where your highest torque is on these spindles so I wouldn't worry about messing with torque settings or minimum speeds.

I pretty much exclusively cut aluminum and I rarely drop below 12000rpm and if using adaptive stratergies then I'm in the 15-18,000rpm's with 6-8mm 3 flute cutters.
    Only with 12mm will I drop to 9-10,000rpm.

If it's working correctly and giving correct speeds at the commanded frequency then just leave it well alone and start making chips is my advise.

Cheers for the advice i will do just that my friend

Cheers
    ps what cad cam software are you using Ta

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher102 View Post
    Cheers for the advice i will do just that my friend

Cheers
    ps what cad cam software are you using Ta
    I use Solid works and Solid Cam but it's expensive software. If I was you I'd look at Fusion 360 as it's free but very capable software.

Thread Information