. .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    hi
    sorry i have to hold my hands up as i am just not getting it,
    heres my controlle

I need it in a bit more basic terms so if a diagram with what goes where on the nvem. vfd and relay would be very much appreciated
    thanks Dave
    This should help, it's basic setup with a diode across the relay to stop back feed from blowing the output up. See Doddy's rough top sketch for diode details.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	27775

ok great, that seems to make more sense, now do i use the relays that came with the bits i ordered or get new ones that are more suited

Name:	20200409_141644.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	27776
    the 24v and 0v from the power supply to the relay should i take that from the nvsun power supply.
    Dave

ok great, that seems to make more sense, now do i use the relays that came with the bits i ordered or get new ones that are more suited

Name:	20200409_141644.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	27776
    the 24v and 0v from the power supply to the relay should i take that from the nvsun power supply.
    Dave
    Can't see any reason why not can't use those relays, you won't be using all the contacts but that's not a big deal. Infact depending on the spindle and if water cooled you can actually use one of the contacts to turn on water pump when spindle starts or Vacuum etc.

Yes just use 24v Nv PSU.

Hi jazzcnc
    Whats the value of the diode please
    thanks

sorry mate,just seen it in your first diagram N4001
    Last edited by Daveo; 10-04-2020 at 04:38 PM.

OK, Ordered some diodes but have to wait for them,not the same since maplins closed...
    jazz will i be able to control the speed via Mach3

OK, Ordered some diodes but have to wait for them,not the same since maplins closed...
    jazz will i be able to control the speed via Mach3
    Yes and turn it on/off. But you will need to set it up in the spindle control and set the outputs so can turn it on/off.
    The manual should tell you how to do this because different controllers have different setups. If you can't find it or it's not obvious then let me know and I'll take a look.

Edit: you will also need to set the VFD up so it knows it's being controlled from an external source. Again the manual will tell you the parameters to set.

thanks for all your help

thanks for all your help
    Does that mean your working.?

Just waiting for the diode, the relay all works and if i short PC and STF as the relay would the spindle starts so looks like it will, just want to fit the diode to protect the controller and then i will start the mach3 settings.

HI,
    Got the diodes and all wired up but i am not getting the spindle to spin up from mach 3, it seems like the NOVUSON controller is not switching the relay on through mach3.
    i have the 24v supply to the relay,the ov from the power supply goes to grd1 on the s axis and the ov from output 1 from the s axis goes back to the relay.
    can anyone help me with the settings as i have tried various one from both manuals
    thanks Dave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information