. .
    I have a 6040 Chinese cnc router that I purchased off eBay, I wanted to do 3D carving with it but when I received it I couldn’t get it to do anything, but thanks to Jazzcnc for the price of a packet of hobnobs got it sorted and I’ve managed to do some nice carving, the problem is I’ve also wasted a lot of wood due to it missing steps, now Jazzcnc offered to make me one, not sure how many packets of hobnobs that will cost 😂 as I only have £2,000 to spend would it be better to buy a secondhand one, I’m sure Dean will put me right, hope you are all well and having fun in your workshop, stay safe, regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Edendale View Post
    now Jazzcnc offered to make me one, not sure how many packets of hobnobs that will cost 😂 as I only have £2,000 to spend would it be better to buy a secondhand one,
    Hi Mike,

Sadly with £2K it won't buy you enough Hobnobs for me to help you out. Buying second hand is ok if you can find the right machine but again with £2k you'll be looking at older machines or self-built machines that can and usually do come with there own issues. It's very easy to buy trouble.

My advice is that if it's just for home or hobby use then stick with what you have and save up. However, If it's to make money with and you have the work for it then that's slightly different. Often it's worth finding or borrowing the money because a better machine will cut much faster and like you say waste less material. With the increased production and lower wastage, they can very quickly pay for them selfs, provided you have the business.!

Thanks Dean, it is just for hobby use but can be quite frustrating at times also i would like to go bigger so may look at secondhand, hope you and your family are safe and well.
    regards Mike

Hi JazzCNC

How many £K in hobnobs does a good machine take?

Kind regards

Si

Thread Information