. .

Thread: eBay router

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If my comments stop just one person buying this machine without knowing exactly what they are buying then I've succeeded.!! . . . . . Now I did say DON'T take my comments personally because they were never aimed at you or to offend you but yet you seem to think it's ok to attack me personally.!! . . . Maybe it's you who needs to get over it.!. .
    And in such a childish response, your reply confirms my summation of your arrogance, ignorance and nastiness.

You are the last person anyone should listen to for advice on CNC's, so far up your own backside your void of anything substantial, just supposition and opinion.

I hope my exposing you in here for the CNC snob you are, will confirm that the real experts that folks need to consult when buying or even using machines aren't found hanging around forums, where only keyboard fantasists with delusions of grandeur like you are found.

The real experts are out in the real world.

Unfortunately for you, the machine mentioned in this thread WORKS does all the things you say it can't! That's a fact you can never change!

Get over it.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Owner View Post
    And in such a childish response, your reply confirms my summation of your arrogance, ignorance and nastiness.

You are the last person anyone should listen to for advice on CNC's, so far up your own backside your void of anything substantial, just supposition and opinion.

I hope my exposing you in here for the CNC snob you are, will confirm that the real experts that folks need to consult when buying or even using machines aren't found hanging around forums, where only keyboard fantasists with delusions of grandeur like you are found.

The real experts are out in the real world.

Unfortunately for you, the machine mentioned in this thread WORKS does all the things you say it can't! That's a fact you can never change!

Get over it.
    Hahahaha.
    Somebody is sounding a bit butt hurt about having the flaws in their new pride and joy pointed out.

I don't always agree with Jazz, but he is probably one of the most experienced people for routers, and I'm sure plenty other people, not only on here but in the real world who have purchased machines from him, will agree with that.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Hahahaha.
    Somebody is sounding a bit butt hurt about having the flaws in their new pride and joy pointed out.

I don't always agree with Jazz, but he is probably one of the most experienced people for routers, and I'm sure plenty other people, not only on here but in the real world who have purchased machines from him, will agree with that.
    Could not be further from the truth!

But as is typical in all forums, there are keyboard fanatics, who have an opinion on everything, rightly or as in this case wrongly, who develop their own echo chamber and cannot accept sometimes they're wrong.

I prefer honest realism, from the first reply I gave, which as the owner of one of these machines I gave! A fair assessment, made prior to purchase and confirmed on using, a machine that in literally one month of use has paid for itself 3 times over in production.

Real fact is 80% of people in here looking for a CNC machine won't have large pockets ££, they won't ever cut much more than wood or plastic either and those that do cut aluminium will already know the if they want to make deep, fast cuts into metal a flatbed CNC is not the right choice.

As a northerner, I call out idiots and know it alls when I see them!

Could not be further from the truth!

But as is typical in all forums, there are keyboard fanatics, who have an opinion on everything, rightly or as in this case wrongly, who develop their own echo chamber and cannot accept sometimes they're wrong.
    Before you get too enthusiastic about this machine, did you inquire with the seller as to whether or not it meets the requirements laid out in the Low Voltage Directive? Every low voltage (sub 1kV) device sold in the country needs to comply with this. It's the testing regime that most v.small manufacturers fall down on as the requisite test equipment costs are very high, or the costs of having a 3rd party carry out the required tests are prohibitive.

The only way around it legally if it doesn't meet the LVD requirements is if it is sold in kit form, but the listing seems to suggest that it is built to order?

If the guy/gal is selling home made electrical equipment, and I'm mostly referring to the control system, without meeting his statutory legal requirements, then it's only a matter of time before this catches up with him/her, Here's a quote that you can verify the veracity of quite easily...

“It is an offence to supply electrical equipment which does not comply with the requirements of the Regulations. Any person committing an offence is liable,
    under summary conviction to imprisonment, a fine or both”

Cheers

Well Jazz. I wouldn't buy it for aluminium stock.
    By the time you get the spindle moving in it you'll be running at roughly 0.1kw to 0.25kw (110w - 250w) with barely any torque.
    A Seig X2 mill is 350w and that can just about do 1mm DOC with a 6mm cutter at a conservative feed.

Ok well nowhere in any of my posts have I thrown insults or attacked you personally, so who's the nasty one here.?

Regards the Armchair warrior bullshit then I've built or converted more machines and helped or influenced more builds all over the world than you've probably cut parts on your new toy so you couldn't be further from the mark on that one.!

If you care to look back you'll also see that nowhere did I condemn the machine and actually agreed with you that it's suitable for cutting aluminum sheet stock.
    My comments were and are still aimed at those who think it's capable of cutting thicker aluminum as they see done on more substantial machines.

Now what you don't know is that I've had over a dozen PM's or Emails asking about this machine from people who want to do exactly this, so this was the main reason for my comments when I saw your post which said "This machine can cut aluminum all day long". . . .Because as I said in one of my replies there's a big difference between cutting sheet stock and plate correctly and this machine isn't strong enough to cut plate stock correctly with a good finish and this needs pointing out to those potential purchasers.
    Anyone who's built low strength machine and tried to cut plate with any reasonable DOC and to a decent finish quality will verify this, of which there are many on this forum.! . . . Most of who built a stronger better-suited router to do the job.

Now enjoy your new money tree and have a nice day.!! ..
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by joe.ninety View Post
    Before you get too enthusiastic about this machine, did you inquire with the seller as to whether or not it meets the requirements laid out in the Low Voltage Directive? Every low voltage (sub 1kV) device sold in the country needs to comply with this. It's the testing regime that most v.small manufacturers fall down on as the requisite test equipment costs are very high, or the costs of having a 3rd party carry out the required tests are prohibitive.

The only way around it legally if it doesn't meet the LVD requirements is if it is sold in kit form, but the listing seems to suggest that it is built to order?

If the guy/gal is selling home made electrical equipment, and I'm mostly referring to the control system, without meeting his statutory legal requirements, then it's only a matter of time before this catches up with him/her, Here's a quote that you can verify the veracity of quite easily...

“It is an offence to supply electrical equipment which does not comply with the requirements of the Regulations. Any person committing an offence is liable,
    under summary conviction to imprisonment, a fine or both”

Cheers
    I would suggest your interpretation of LVD might be wrong. For kick offs most of the equipment used will be below the voltage thresholds so not covered, and the components that are, the PC, power supplies and the VFD and spindle will have their own individual compliance. The overall machine is effectively a "one off" system comprising of existing certified equipment, assemblied to order, in the same way thousands of "one off" control panels are built outside of LVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    I would suggest your interpretation of LVD might be wrong. For kick offs most of the equipment used will be below the voltage thresholds so not covered, and the components that are, the PC, power supplies and the VFD and spindle will have their own individual compliance. The overall machine is effectively a "one off" system comprising of existing certified equipment, assemblied to order, in the same way thousands of "one off" control panels are built outside of LVD.
    Firstly, the machine takes a 230v feed so it well and truly falls within the LVD's thresholds.

Secondly, all control panels are either built to LVD or to the Machine Directive, depending on what it is exactly they control and the MD incorporates all of the elements of the LVD anyway.

Finally, most control panels are built using existing parts that are separately certified, but that doesn't mean they aren't subject to certification when assembled and wired together, otherwise how could you have any confidence that it had been built safely?

Quote Originally Posted by joe.ninety View Post
    Firstly, the machine takes a 230v feed so it well and truly falls within the LVD's thresholds.

Secondly, all control panels are either built to LVD or to the Machine Directive, depending on what it is exactly they control and the MD incorporates all of the elements of the LVD anyway.

Finally, most control panels are built using existing parts that are separately certified, but that doesn't mean they aren't subject to certification when assembled and wired together, otherwise how could you have any confidence that it had been built safely?
    That's your interpretation, mine is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    That's your interpretation, mine is different.
    It will all change on 1/1/21 anyway.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information