. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilsbury View Post
    JAZZCNC - now that is a cracking answer. For a novice the machine I posted looks fine. It not until someone who has real knowledge and experience explains the reason why it’s not can a more informed decision be made.
    When I first built a small desktop type machine a few years ago I had no idea just how flimsy it was in truth. It's only with a little experience that you realise how substantial a machine needs to be if it's going to resist the forces involved in doing it's job without significantly distorting out of shape.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post

2. ALl the crappy staff i see in Spain and as obviously UK that pretends to be industrial is 3, including the machine we are talking in this posts.
    So what makes a machine industrial in your eyes Boyan.? Just because something is built out of armoured plate and looks "Industrial" doesn't always mean it's succesfull in Industry.? That being it's earning the user profit.

All that steel requires more work to build and more power to move around that armoured plate so more expensive components required which all push up the cost of a machine.
    Now if you have a need to hog out large volumes of material or require the slightly better finish that extra mass offers then great and it may be worth the extra costs.
    However you cannot say just because a machine is made from Aluminium that it's not industrial. For instance KERN who make some of the most precise and accurate machines in the world use a large amount of Alumnium in key areas of there machines for it's light weight and thermal properties.

To me industrial is about being fit for purpose, well built and profitable for the user. Most machines cutting wood or sheet material in light/Med industry which most small to medium business users tend to be doesn't require a tank. They require reliabilty and profit.

For instance you couldn't in anyway shape or form call this machine of mine below Industrial in the way you describe your tanks.
    Yet I have 2 customers who turn over £100,000 + per year using these machines and have been doing so for several years. They work 6 days wk, 12hr days and without any break downs with limited maintance, this is possible because they are built correctly with correct components.

At the time aprox 5yrs ago one of those customers paid £5K so that's nealy £500,000 for a £5K investment which hasn't broken down or complained and the parts it makes couldn't be made any better or any quicker if they was using a £100,000 Router.

In my book that makes that machine Industrial.! . . .And I have many other customers using similair machines making very good livings with aluminium/steel based machine and the vertical design I build. . . Remember Boyan the Industrial revolution started right here in good Old Yorkshire.. . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2821.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	28002

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Dean, that one you show is a steady 4 on my scale.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    I have a feeling that you're in the minority Pilsbury, having the common sense to do plenty of research before spending, well done already!!!
    Kind of from past experience - I have a wide variety of hand held power tools that I'm slowly but surely replacing for decent stuff. My chop saw (£120) does not cut proper mitres. In addition the blade is not properly vertical. My circular saw (£50) blade is so off vertical it is comical. I have persevered with these for many years and know how to work around this to make them less bad. Both are on the shopping list but I wish I had bought right the first time and spent the cash to avoid all the duff cuts and bodging to get around the poor quality. Doesn't seem much to ask to get a square cut! When I'm thinking about a £2k machine, which is right at the cheap end of the market for any sort of CNC, I need to know I'm not letting myself in for the same as my crappy chop saw. If it is not possible then a budget rethink or pause is in order. Hence finding out about it from those who know.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,729. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Years back I heard someone say, "pay too little for a tool and you remember the fact every time you use it. Pay too much and you forget the fact the first time you use it." Some truth in that!

However, why is it that whatever I buy, someone tells me they bought better and cheaper last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Dean, that one you show is a steady 4 on my scale.
    4 here too :)

Forgive me for posting on here as I wish to message you JAZZCNC but not sure how. Interested in a custom build. If I figure out how to pm will do so!

Hello JAZZCNC where are you based? I am interested in a custom machine, kind regards Anna

Hi Jazzcnc am interested in a build aswell ....how can I pm you ?? Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Ed View Post
    Hi Jazzcnc am interested in a build aswell ....how can I pm you ?? Cheers Keith
    I've sent you a PM Keith.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information