After many hours of reading many threads and adverts, I'm still uncertain on a few issues. But I need to make decisions as I need to get this project underway.

Whilst the end result is for commercial use, the table is only going to cut odd panels for my own projects. It will probably do a lot less work than most hobby tables!

The work will initially all be 2D cutting of perspex up to about 5mm, Aluminium up to 4mm, but most likely 2 and 3mm and traffolyte sheet.It is possible that I may need to engrave, but that isn't an immediate requirement. I'm drawing on an old version of Autocad and can convert DXF to GCode without a problem.

I need the table to have a minimum 650mm x 650mm cutting range, but there is also a budget constraint. I'm looking at the Ooznest Workbee machines, which I know a few have criticised before now, but considering the relatively low use it will get, fits the cost x size equation. I have to assume that if someone can build a business off developing, selling and supporting them, they must actually do a reasonable job, which is all I need, reasonable.

The questions in my mind though are more related to the rest of the system, than the mechanics, and having looked at variations on the system offered on Aliexpress, it raises queries.

1. Router Spindle
Ooznest offer handheld Dewalt 900w or Makita 710w Routers as spindles as opposed to the Chinese offering 1.5 or 2.2 kw spindles. I'm of the thought that the Dewalts and Makitas may not be upto the job of cutting aluminium. Also the speed control is on the router body itself rather than remote. Your thoughts? I'm also not sure that I think the single clamp mount offered is robust enough.

2. Stepper Motors
the standard, full kit offers 175oz motors, yet if you spec a mechanics only kit you get 3 options 175, 265, 345oz motors. Is this suggesting 175oz maybe limited in their capability? Does it then imply the supplied Duet3D electronics are also limited?
Obviously china offer different options once again, so where should we be with motors for this type of table?

Electronics
obviously this leads us onto the controllers, does anyone have experience of a reliable and reasonably user friendly system they'd recommend if 175oz motors are not really up to the task? Anyone got working experience of the Duet3D interface, it looks a little unfriendly to me.

Bear in mind I need something reasonably complete so I can put it together and get it working reasonably quickly, I need a tool, not a project. But that doesn't mean I won't develop it further at a a later date, I just need to cut stuff.

All thoughts appreciated