Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
I am currently refitting my workspace, but when the 3D printer is back up and working, I have control enclosures to print and like Jazz, I have printed limit switch mounts covers etc...
A lot of my CNC hold-down clamps and jigs are 3D printed - It is just much easier than farting about with bits of wood and metal.

I have even printed a prototype dog clutch for threading on my mini lathe, including a drive gear. It all worked, but the project got shelved (basically 'cos I couldn't be arsed).

I find it a great tool and I usually use Sketchup for quick and narsty items, but when I have managed to fight Fusion360 (and sometimes won) the results are superb.

If you are going to get a printer, get a good quality one as the cheaper plastic ones are not worth the plastic they are printed with.
Thanks for the reply. I was think of the Creality Ender-3 - https://ebay.us/tgCJ89 - as this seems to be quite highly regarded. I'd like a 300mm cube workspace, but I'm not willing to spend £500 until I've dipped my toe in the water.