Hello! my name is Carlos, I write from Barcelona, Spain

I work as electronics tech, and I love technics and technology in it's wide meanings, this incluides mechanics, astronomy, metal and wood woorking, and huh!.... too many more.

Over the years I've made many jigs and other mechanisms in my small "multi-function" workshop :). I like to build things and learn others. In the recent years, the idea of building a small but sturdy CNC milling machine, caught me more and more. It would save me hours of hand cutting and filing, plus it would serve me for a lot more tasks. I may use it to engrave the front panels of the electronics things I make, or for drilling and milling the printed circuit boards.

At this moment, I am in the stage of watching (and admiring) other's builds and considering the best frame construction for my needs, fixed or moving gantry, etc... It may take some months to start buying parts, I will happily share the design and build log

Thank you all for all the information and thoughts you share here, this forum has a vast volume of stimulating information.

Best regards,
Carlos.