. .
    Guys,
    I hope you guys are keeping well.

I am not sure if I have selected the right forum for this as the Coolant section has not been too active for a while now.

I have been working on developing an Inline Dispensing Station for my CNC Machine & Parts Washer where coolant is mixed with water in different concentrations & volumes as per the requirement which will vary on a day-to-day basis.

In the inline mixer & dispenser, how do you mix 500ml of Coolant in 49.5 Liter water to get a homogeneous mixture?

Both liquids need to be mixed in-line (in pipes) without using an additional tank & agitator. Venturi is not an option either. Water is supplied under gravity & coolant is pumped from a drum/tank.

I am using this as reference - https://tinyurl.com/y7ynh9qd

(Skip to 4:10 in the video).

From the video of the AF4 unit, we see that for mixing 1gal at 1%, they start the coolant pump & water flow together and then shut off the coolant pump after the 0.01 gallon has flown through, but for the remainder of the water to flow through takes a little longer. How does this mean the water & coolant are mixed uniformly?

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    KV

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    They don't need to mix uniformly, they just need to mix well enough to give the correct quantity at the end.

I'd also guess the early shut off of the concentrate is deliberate, so the pipe is flushed with clean water prior to shut off.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the response.

Isn't a premix of coolant & water advised for top-up? I have read on multiple websites how it is always advisable to add a mixture of coolant & water. What do you make of that, as per your experience?

Also, technically speaking, could you clarify this as I am unable to get a proper answer from anywhere :-

Case A : You match the flow-rate of the two liquids so that both liquids flow through a Static Mixer at the same time. For eg. if you're adding 1 Ltr of coolant with 99 Ltrs of water, you control the flow-rate of water to match that of the coolant so they both flow together throughout the entire duration of the dosage, and finally mix and end up in the tank for a 1% concentration mixture.

Case B : You let the two liquids flow together at their own respective flowrates. The 1 Ltr of coolant passes through the mixer with water in 5 seconds and then the coolant pump shuts off, while the water flow continues till 99 Litres pass through. Would I still end up with a 1% concentration and will the mixing be homogeneous?

Bump

Thread Information