. .
    Anybody experience with these?

It looks like a neat way to cut down on parts but I wonder if it's going to cope properly with axial loads?

A proper BK bearing block has two captive bearings and a nut that holds it all together. I'm not so sure about these?

I do note the specs state a different load for axial push and pull, might be a clue?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000151063765.html

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hmm... 4 wires, you won't be able to run this parallel bi-polar (faster but needing more current for torque) - I imagine it'll be little use in a CNC machine that you want to use like you half mean it. Half the holding torque of a motor you could buy on these shores for 30-odd quid...

Probably ok in a 3D printer - I'd avoid it in a router.

Yes, it's a way of saving on parts - but in reality you're talking about losing a handful of components which, arguably, allow you to build a more elegant machine. Despite this appearing to be a good idea, I imagine it would be quite cumbersome to build around...

Just my uninformed opinion!

Wal.

I would agree with Wal. Don't touch a router with it but fine for a 3D printer. Save your money. I run when I see adds that say 100% Actual photos, 100% copper coil.... Eahhhh Yer grand. The bearings would not be up to much in that thing.

I'm making a 3D printer. But I've gone with proper BK BF blocks and ball screws on the Y and X axis. Gone with integrated lead screw (not ball screw) motors for the Z axis. Simply because it was physically difficult to mount separate blocks for the Z axis. Lead screws are not that precise anyway so...

Simon

Thread Information