Hi my name is Ronan I live in Hastings East Sussex.

I spent a good deal of time lurking on this forum about three years ago, picking up as much as I could then I made a shopping list and bought a load of stuff ali from Germany and lots from China. The intension was to build something like the CNC routerparts machine because the manual is downloadable and it gave me some sense of direction I set myself up in in the basement of a friends building and started work got as far as putting the table together there and spun up the spindle and a stepper motor at home. I also drew a gantry riser in Fusion and had a couple cut. Then work and life got in the way and I had to move what there was of the machine home. Half of it is now in the spare room which my wife wants back so I need to get on with it. Ive been wiring the controls together over the last few weeks and have been enjoying it.

I'm sure I've got plenty wrong but if I can get this one going well enough then I can always make another!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9665.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	366.6 KB 
ID:	28146

CNC router parts weren't selling their gearbox for their pro series (I think they are now but expensive) so I ordered some chinesium ones.
Starting to think I should have gone with ball screw on the gantry and there is still time.

Heres the electronics as it stands;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9664.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	378.7 KB 
ID:	28147

This is the first forum Ive ever been on and it seems friendly so I'm hoping for a bit of guidance. Joe's build thread and videos amongst others have been a great help so thanks to him and the people who contributed.

Cheers
Ronan