. .

Thread: Connection hub

I'm still labouring away on updating my Fehlmann P50CNC, This is quite a complex machine and I have a lot of control and power supply (5v and 24v) wires that need to be distubuted.

I need a hub to bring together the wiring into a convenient place in the cabinet. I really just need something that can be screwed down to the base plate (or mounted to a din rail) with some high quality screw terminals so I can bring wires in and then take them out to relay boards (the sort with 2.54mm pitch pins).

Searching through eBay I can only find breakout boards with output sockets which are of no use. If it comes to it I'mm make something, but I'm sure there must be something ready made out there - I'm just searching for the wrong thing.

Thanks, David

-use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Thanks Jazz, but I have plenty of that sort of thing - far too brutal. What I need is something with these nice little screw terminals - https://ebay.us/MV6BaJ

The application is for control volatages of 5v and 24v at very low current. There seem to be plenty of Arduino related boards or boards with d-sub connectors but none that are just straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    Thanks Jazz, but I have plenty of that sort of thing - far too brutal. What I need is something with these nice little screw terminals - https://ebay.us/MV6BaJ

The application is for control volatages of 5v and 24v at very low current. There seem to be plenty of Arduino related boards or boards with d-sub connectors but none that are just straight through.
    Can't you just get a piece of Veroboard and solder your nice little screw terminals to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    Can't you just get a piece of Veroboard and solder your nice little screw terminals to it?
    I think I'm going to have to - so busy at the moment though, I was hoping for a ready made solution!

I've sometimes found that I've spent more time on the web looking for a neat off-the-shelf solution than it would have taken me to make something myself - doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I've sometimes found that I've spent more time on the web looking for a neat off-the-shelf solution than it would have taken me to make something myself - doh!
    You're not wrong! I'll order the bits today.

Thanks for all the replies.

David

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Dazp1976

That is a good deal per connection.

Thanks for that!

Grtz Bert.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A505FN met Tapatalk

Thread Information