. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Pakenham, Melbourne, Australia. Last Activity: 13 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 214. Received thanks 34 times, giving thanks to others 300 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjm229 View Post
    Always go with a well known/supported brand. When buying a CNC machine it’s important to have the backup support in order to get problems resolved quickly.
    I have a Kitamura Mycentre with twin pallet which has been great for in-house work and support our <a href=“https://www.mmturnedparts.co.uk”>Subcontract CNC Turning</a> lathe section.
    If you're into machining for profit in a big way and/or have oodles of dosh your advice is sound.

However, this forum is mostly about hobby machinists for whom value for money and affordable budget are often the top priority.

In the hobbyist world this very forum (mycncUK) provides the most amazing (and free) backup support available and the brand JAZZCNC is among the most well known for very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I can build you a custom machine exactly to your needs but there's no way I can match the prices they offer in China. What is your budget.?

I'm actually soon going to be converting an Opus machine (olympus) for a customer. He's happy with the build quality but the electrical isn't so hot and the controller is a DSP so I'm converting it to an Ethernet-based controller. Also fitting a 5.5Kw ATC spindle.

Hi JAZZCNC I'm actually looking for someone who can help me to build a CNC milling machine or that can build it for me, where can I contact you ?

Quote Originally Posted by adanlicea View Post
    Hi JAZZCNC I'm actually looking for someone who can help me to build a CNC milling machine or that can build it for me, where can I contact you ?
    I'll PM you details but if you want it this year then I won't be able to help you with building one I'm afraid but I'm more than happy to offer advise.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I've just bought an Olympus Select CNC machine model from Opus CNC and have to say I'm very impressed overall with the machine and their support has been second to none.

Hi all, gonna jump on this one because my question is simular.

Not as much choice here in Ireland when it comes to lower cost production cnc, so I am half settled on a mantech sparten 1325 with atc and vacuum. The software they provide is vetric v-carve. Its coming in around €22k, i guess around £18k. Ill be using it for kitchen manufacture, mdf doors, cutting and boring melamine carcass.I have a very cheap drawing package for years, Cabinet Planner, and despite the dodgy 3d out-put it gets a good visual representation to the customer. It seemingly produces files a cnc can read, but to be honest im not sure i trust it.

My questions are :

Is the mantech sparten enough machine for a one man cabinet business, taking into account that i dont care if it takes 40 mins to run a sheet (i can be edging or spraying or something as it does its thing)

Will I, after intially creating a library of cabinet parts, be able to create a process list for the machine in less than 2 hours.

I'd appreciate any input

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information