. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I spoke to Annie from there. The postage is between 90 and 140 USD. This is because of the virus and very few flights. Also you will get a better price going via Alibaba with them. She said better to wait till things get back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Hulksmash View Post
    I spoke to Annie from there. The postage is between 90 and 140 USD. This is because of the virus and very few flights. Also you will get a better price going via Alibaba with them. She said better to wait till things get back to normal
    Yes I'm getting the same problem with stuff sent via Air. If your in no rush then wait it out, it will come down sooner or later.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes it will mostly make a difference to the speed but not by a massive amount, roughly 300rpm, these will give 1200rpm and the others will be 1500rpm.
    They are not exactly like a standard stepper system and the encoders come into play so can restrict the speeds.

If I wanted to have excess power and plenty of speed along with AC drives then I'd fit these and sacrifice the smoothness 3phase offers as they are 2 phase.
    Nothing gets close to these for power in the Nema 24 range. Again I've fitted plenty.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...16523421DXQOr7

The wiring is easy enough just shout if you need help.
    Jazz. I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I was looking at these motors and drives you recommended and on the pics it says 20-70v ac. Is that correct or is it 220 ac straight input.

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    Jazz. I was wondering if you could clear something up for me. I was looking at these motors and drives you recommended and on the pics it says 20-70v ac. Is that correct or is it 220 ac straight input.
    Yes John it's 20-70Vac or 30-100Vdc. The AC option Just saves messing around with Bridge and Caps but still need a transformer to get from 230Vac to 20-70Vac.

Some of the Larger Nema 34's drives like these work direct from 230Vac mains. These are great for larger machines because they spin fast and have loads of torque.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3279...3cac6f37mUvHpT
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Ok fair enough. I might still get some as I would like to go closed loop and I can run them at higher DC voltage than I am at the moment anyway. Currently at 68vdc but could get them up to 90 to get a bit more oomph

I haven't used close loop steppers myself yet, but just had an open loop stepper stall that messed up a piece with a lot of work in it. If I was building a new machine I would only go with closed loop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information