. .
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm fan blasting cold air on it, I have had it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot, is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by gorbo View Post
    I am using one of these boards with no problem what's so ever, mind i do have a 120mm fan blasting cold air on it, I have had it running for 6 hours non stop, I do find the steppers get very hot, is this normal?
    Depends how hot is very hot! 80°C on the motor surface is OK. If it's too hot then turn the current down a little. You won't need to turn it down much since power is proportional to current squared....

Thought this was the most appropriate thread to put my question in.
    I bought this board (3-axis one) after my previous Xylotex one blew up.
    Here was me thinking it would just be a straight swap... and I'd be away!

Anyway, connected it all up, and when I try and jog the machine in Mach3 nothing happens, but I can hear the motors idling.
    The board is rated upto 36v. Have tested the power going into the board at 27V so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The X/Y/Z axis leds sometimes come on but if they do, they always go off when I load up Mach3.

The settings and pinouts all seem to be fine in Mach3 - I have checked them time and time again.
    Without Mach3 open, there is no voltage going to any of the motors. Once I open it, there is ~1.7V/0.8A of power going to the A+/A- phase of each motor. And no power going to the B+/B- phase.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I assume the output voltage of the board to the motors should change when running a CNC program or jogging the machine? This does not happen. It stays idle.

So I'm mega confused and not sure whether its Mach3, the board or the motors which are the problem.
    If anybody has any suggestions I'd be greatful!

With my limited experience with these boards heres some ideas:
    You are using LPT1 port on your PC is it a desktop PC? these boards wont run with a low power output on the LPT ie; laptops or USB converters, I know i have tried
    You have the right driver on the software?

Good luck these are great boards..............when you get them running

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Thought this was the most appropriate thread to put my question in.
    I bought this board (3-axis one) after my previous Xylotex one blew up.
    Here was me thinking it would just be a straight swap... and I'd be away!

Anyway, connected it all up, and when I try and jog the machine in Mach3 nothing happens, but I can hear the motors idling.
    The board is rated upto 36v. Have tested the power going into the board at 27V so that shouldn't be a problem.
    The X/Y/Z axis leds sometimes come on but if they do, they always go off when I load up Mach3.

The settings and pinouts all seem to be fine in Mach3 - I have checked them time and time again.
    Without Mach3 open, there is no voltage going to any of the motors. Once I open it, there is ~1.7V/0.8A of power going to the A+/A- phase of each motor. And no power going to the B+/B- phase.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I assume the output voltage of the board to the motors should change when running a CNC program or jogging the machine? This does not happen. It stays idle.

So I'm mega confused and not sure whether its Mach3, the board or the motors which are the problem.
    If anybody has any suggestions I'd be greatful!
    Is this resolved yet? It is a long time since it was posted, but.....

Another likely reason is the printer port having the wrong address. There are 3 possible addresses for the parallel printer port. Wrong address = no go.

Regards from Alan D.

i know this is an old post, but ive just come accross it. ive been on cnczone and asked about a full kit for my first build.
    i have been told.

Run far and fast from that controller. Search this site for TB6560 and you'll have all the info you need. Almost 500 posts in this threadalone.

so what do you think...

hope to get much info on ere. im in the uk myself.
    :confused:

7. My advice after having one of them boards is to stay clear, and save the money and get some real drivers something like the 542 or 752.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

+1 for the separate drivers, all in one means one down put in bin!!
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    +1 for the separate drivers, all in one means one down put in bin!!
    Peter

so hows this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Kit-5-...ht_11593wt_995

seems abit expensive.. no power supply and no motors... is there a cheaper option...

sorry. im a begginer.lol

10. Have you had a look at the Items For Sale section of the forum, to see if anyone here is selling any drivers, motors, or power supplies?
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information